unit choices 4 yr 12 (1 Viewer)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
sarahpettigrove said:
do able meaning a lot of work? or do able meaning easyish?
I don't do both, but I would imagine it would be quite alot of work with a major work plus time consuming maths homework. But I've heard that it is manageable as long as you do the work and don't slack off at any time of the year.

Forum Friend

Newb Member
HSC
N/A
Evercursed said:
I'm doing 14 Units, with 2 Unit Visual Arts (Accelerated), 4 Unit Maths, 4 Unit English, Chem and Modern History. It's going to kill me but hey, it works because Chem gives a moderately light workload. In short, pick courses with few assessment tasks and you'll do fine.
That's right; Steven Song is intending to undertake Veterinary Science, at UNSW.

Thread Starter said:
Ok I'm in yr 11 this year and i do 3 unit math, 3 unit english, japanese, chemistry, music, and one unit of religion(compulsory.... waste of time!)
so next year i wanna do 4 units of english and four units of math and i'm dropping japanese.
my problem is that i don't know if starting off with 13 units is too much and ill kill myself with doing both ext 2 math and eng?
please help me make up my mind!:confused: :bomb:
Okay, I'm not in Yr11.
So, the conundrum is that you do not know what to choose. I reckon that you should choose the subject that you do well in, and, as a secondary basis when
electing which subjects to carry on, the ones that scale comparatively better than your other ones.
So, in this case, it'd probably be 4 Math, 2 Chem, 4 Eng, and 1 Studies of Religion.

Well, good luck in your forthcoming year.

Last edited:
HSC
don't drop any subjects just yet, see how u go with them, u might turn out to like them and then ace them, and if thats the case, u'll do very well

do a little experienting, find what subjects u like, which one's ur good at, and which one's suck, even perhaps the subjects u don't need for future purposes

aftre this is taken into careful consideration, then u can drop a subject, discuss the matter, with parents, teachers, and siblings, cousins, etc....sometimes they know how capable u are of doing certain subjects like 4 unit maths and english

don't rush into anything to quickl, give the matter careful thought, but don't take too long either, otherwise ur marks may suffer as a result

however, if u can cope with the workload, then go for it

good luck, what ever choice u make

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
the pospinator said:
don't drop any subjects just yet, see how u go with them, u might turn out to like them and then ace them, and if thats the case, u'll do very well

do a little experienting, find what subjects u like, which one's ur good at, and which one's suck, even perhaps the subjects u don't need for future purposes

aftre this is taken into careful consideration, then u can drop a subject, discuss the matter, with parents, teachers, and siblings, cousins, etc....sometimes they know how capable u are of doing certain subjects like 4 unit maths and english

don't rush into anything to quickl, give the matter careful thought, but don't take too long either, otherwise ur marks may suffer as a result

however, if u can cope with the workload, then go for it

good luck, what ever choice u make
Exactly.

shashy

HSC
im doing 13 atm

english 3u, physics, bio, maths general, senior science, society and culture

Sam.

bored.
HSC
I did 14 in Prelim: 3U Maths, 3U English, Chemistry, Physics, Modern History and Drama.

I dropped Drama in Year 12 and picked up 4U Maths and 4U English. I dropped my fourth unit of maths because I just wasn't good enough at it. I think it's definately doable if you're willing to commit and if you are intelligent enough to do well in both english and maths. It's a large amount of work, but there is someone in my year who did it and coped well.

You should be fine if you work hard and you enjoy your subjects.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Do it if you think you can handle it. It's a good idea to see how you go with it for a while and if it all becomes a bit too much drop the subjects your crapping your pants over. My friend is doing 4 unit math (forced by parents), 4 unit english and physics...she's dropping 4 unit math to 3 unit the minute school starts again....but if your good at math and you've maintained good marks with all your other subjects then go for it.

fluffycake

HSC
I'm planning on doing...

English Ext II
Maths Ext I
History Ext I (modern)
then either Legal or Ancient History.

TOTAL: 12 units

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Just need a little bit more time over the year to figure out what I want to do in the HSC year. Thinking of maybe doing:

Adv. English
MX2
History Extension (modern)
Biology
Chemistry

= 13 units

Like I said, as time goes, I might change :)

van.tango

HSC
Eleven units:
Adv. English
English Ext. 1 & 2
Chemistry
Drama
Modern History & Ext.

The only thing I know for sure is that I will not be attempting HSC Maths. =)

Heliotrope

HSC
Kinda surprised at how many of you are prepared to do more than the 10 units necessary. I have a slacker's attitude, so doing 13 units is pretty much unthinkable to me.

I'm really looking forward to doing Ext. II English in Year 12. :) Everything else is uncertain, at this point.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
4 unit eng
2 unit math
legal
german
extenison history
mod hist (already compelted by 07)

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Jachie said:
Yay, EE2! I'm really looking forward to it, too. Hi five. :) Though, part of the reason I plan to do 11/12 units is for that backup - just in case the markers rip my Major to shreds, I'll have another subject to put units towards.
do you have any ideas yet for your major work?

Heliotrope

HSC
Jachie said:
Yay, EE2! I'm really looking forward to it, too. Hi five. :) Though, part of the reason I plan to do 11/12 units is for that backup - just in case the markers rip my Major to shreds, I'll have another subject to put units towards.
A class where it's possible to just sit and write, or think about what you want to write. Blissss. :) And yeah, I imagine having a backup is the reason why most people are taking on more than 10. My own logic is that if I take on too much, I'll break down and consequently fail everything. EEII will be kind a of a safety blanket for me, actually, since I know I can write reasonably well. (Hopefully I won't be eating my words. ^_^)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I'm sure you guys will do great in EE2. Just remember, effort + attitude :)

PrettyVacant

HSC
Kujah said:
I'm sure you guys will do great in EE2. Just remember, effort + attitude :)
You see, motivational speaking is your gift.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
LottoX said:
ALL OF YOU YOUNG EEXT 2ers! I LOVE ALL OF YOU!

Do poetry. Do poetry. Do poetry. Do poetry. Do poetry. Do poetry. Do poetry. Do poetry. Do poetry. Do poetry. Do poetry. Do poetry. Do poetry. Do poetry. Do poetry.

Haha.
Script writing ftw.

HSC
Hahaha...you guys just started Year 11....assess your performance in each subject AFTER you finish the prelim course...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)