Unis seen as entry factories (1 Viewer)

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
humphreybear said:
ok i'm asian so hopefully people view me as less of a racist for what i'm about to say.
I find you more racist for the assertion that non-whites can't be racist.

I also find it annoying that your kind don't understand social conventions like "walking on the left side of a narrow path in not-quadruple file"

humphreybear

HSC
I find you more racist for the assertion that non-whites can't be racist.

I also find it annoying that your kind don't understand social conventions like "walking on the left side of a narrow path in not-quadruple file"
Actually I was referring to the fact that I was hoping I would be veiwed as less racist in my post because I was an asian bagging asians. I'm not sure what you are on about.

On your second point, if you want to start that crap, I find it annoying that your type don't understand common courtesy like not talking like a bunch of bogans in lectures. Not following social conventions is annoying but at least understandable due to the fact that they are foreigners.

Generator

HSC
N/A
humphreybear said:
Actually I was referring to the fact that I was hoping I would be veiwed as less racist in my post because I was an asian bagging asians. I'm not sure what you are on about.

On your second point, if you want to start that crap, I find it annoying that your type don't understand common courtesy like not talking like a bunch of bogans in lectures. Not following social conventions is annoying but at least understandable due to the fact that they are foreigners.
Hah, "I'm not racist when I'm an Asian talking about Asians" and "your type". Great stuff, chief.

For the record, prefixing a statement with the line "I'm not racist, but..." is clearly indicative of one who considers their own views to be racist. On a more positive note, you aren't a racist if you are just describing and not passing judgement in a situation in which race and its associated notions are explicitly recognised as the primary point of difference.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
kow_dude said:
International students are taking university places... from Australian locals
oh, i didn't know international students could take away our HECS-HELP places :rolleyes:

to hell with the 60% of university revenue they generate, we should just deport them all, those anti-social, immoral, leprous mongolians...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Frigid said:
oh, i didn't know international students could take away our HECS-HELP places :rolleyes:

to hell with the 60% of university revenue they generate, we should just deport them all, those anti-social, immoral, leprous mongolians...
Just remember, international student's are funding our education at uni!

tlodg

HSC
N/A
phrred said:
its true though, i had to do this in an immigration essay.
we r cheaper than American unis
thats why so many azns do accounting
BUT
Canada is cheaper. (on the west side)
Eastern Canada, I'm not sure.

phrred

HSC
tlodg said:
BUT
Canada is cheaper. (on the west side)
Eastern Canada, I'm not sure.
ye but canadas canada. ud die of hypothermia

sunnybuns

HSC
I'll be going to UQ in Feb for a physiotherapy degree. I'm from canada (the west side), and yes tuition is much cheaper here than on the east. But there are also less uni's on the westcoast.

As to the "overseas students see unis as factories"... i think that is true for some, but not nessecarily for all students. I'm going to UQ because I wanted to experience a different country and the competition is really really fierce here (13 unis offer the program and each with a limit of 50 places..thats 650 places for the whole country). Maybe i'll like australia so much that i'll want PR, but thats not why im going. I know lots of people who go to a different country for uni and then come back home to work. However, that being said, i also know a lot of people who go to places like USyd etc to get PR. The same problem is happening here (but not to the same extent as australia).. i know heaps of international students who are here with hopes of living here and most of them can barely conjugate a verb or shutup in lectures (hardly any can speak/read/write proper english, which i think should be a mandatory requirement)

choc-chip

HSC
Before pronounce, without talking about the motives of coming over Australia studying to any of the international students, I'd like to invite iamthebest009(or the ones who thinks international students r leeching off you) to think why are such immigrantion policies been established for those who has recognised qualifications and skills/or experience in particular occupations required in Australia, in terms of requirements of Australian permenant residency application.

According to what you stated, do you think we better off close the door at the intenrational students, instead, raising the baby bonus from $3,000-$6,000, as a solution of our aging population?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)