Unicentre Membership (1 Viewer)

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
acullen said:
Atleast this VSU thing is finally all over now, no longer do we have to hear the union whinge, bitch and complain about an inevitable change of legislation (Howard does what Howard wants, get used it it; i don't like it either).
Somehow I don't think so.

Just because VSU was passed doesn't mean the SRC will shut their traps about it. It means from next year onwards we can say we didn't pay them to talk. :)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I though for a second that what they are doing this year was actually intelligent. If I could actually see I was saving money then I might consider paying next year.

But then I realised the savings would have to be pretty substantial since I'd rather pay extra for everything and know my money isn't going to anti-vsu protests and gay people.

And as soon as the year is over I am changing the unicentre box to 'no' because bronze membership is worthless.

acullen

Povo postgrad
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
But then I realised the savings would have to be pretty substantial since I'd rather pay extra for everything and know my money isn't going to anti-vsu protests and gay people.
Haha, that's classic!

Throughout sexuality week, I didn't see any hetrosexual propaganda plastered all over the university; nor do I see a union-fee-funded "straight place" for hetrosexuals to gather and have conversations about being straight. In a way they're discriminating against straight people and using our union fees in doing so. So much for equality.

It also begs the question: just how much of our hard earned money was lost in totally pointless anti-VSU propaganda? I'd be glad to pay for the benefits of Unicentre membership on the sole basis it excludes union fees.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
acullen said:
Haha, that's classic!

Throughout sexuality week, I didn't see any hetrosexual propaganda plastered all over the university; nor do I see a union-fee-funded "straight place" for hetrosexuals to gather and have conversations about being straight. In a way they're discriminating against straight people and using our union fees in doing so. So much for equality.
It's reverse discrimination and it should be illegal.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
acullen said:
Haha, that's classic!

It also begs the question: just how much of our hard earned money was lost in totally pointless anti-VSU propaganda? I'd be glad to pay for the benefits of Unicentre membership on the sole basis it excludes union fees.

oh man, i hear ya!!

just like the fact that they have a place for "women to hang in peace" as stated in the handbook us first years got......well do us guys get anywhere that we can go and hang away from the bitching sounds of females? oh yeah thats right, its called the poker table *sigh*

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Why are there competitions to win silver and gold memberships when everyone automatically get gold this year anyway?

acullen

Povo postgrad
HSC
If that isn't a bogus prize, I don't know what is. I can see a first year getting all excited about winning it, then realising their "prize" was free anyway.

Another interesting thing is that on the Unicentre site you can apparently downgrade your membership, but you don't receive a refund or anything; just less benefits.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
acullen said:
Another interesting thing is that on the Unicentre site you can apparently downgrade your membership, but you don't receive a refund or anything; just less benefits.
What is the purpose of it then? If you don't want to use it then just don't use it but going out of your way to downgrade is a big waste of time. It's like having the completely worthless Bronze membership and bothering to collecting the card.

No wonder people get confused with some of the stupid shit they seem to be doing.

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Why are there competitions to win silver and gold memberships when everyone automatically get gold this year anyway?
Maybe they don't make you pay the compulsory fees if you win this prize - or give you a refund on what you paid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)