• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Uni Transfer (1 Viewer)

abcd223

HSC
N/A
Say if I wanted to transfer from B arts to another course at a different university, will I be eligible to transfer to any course I want? depending on my results ?
can someone clear this up, much appreciated.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Depends on the course and the university, it's not really possible to give a specific answer to such a vague question.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Depends on the course and the university, it's not really possible to give a specific answer to such a vague question.
+1.

Also keep in mind that it is usually MUCH easier to internally transfer rather than transfer across unis.

abcd223

HSC
N/A
what if i wanted to transfer to do accounting at macq or unsw?

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
yes you can transfer to accounting but that means all your arts units will become useless. it'll probably depend on both your ATAR and your uni results

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You'd have to have exceptional results and you will have to start the degree from scratch too.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
HD average or thereabouts.

Remember what transferring is. You have to convince the university that you're good enough to take the course.

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
lol are you serious, HD average to get into accounting? my friend transferred to commerce at MQ with one fail on her transcript
to get into commerce at UNSW, you need a DN average

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
All of this sounds like educated guessing to me; i would contact the uni directly.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
lol are you serious, HD average to get into accounting? my friend transferred to commerce at MQ with one fail on her transcript
to get into commerce at UNSW, you need a DN average
yeah but that's mq :p

Okay, more seriously, DN average might be fine - but if you really want to guarantee it, and not have any worries, HD average is safe.

abcd223

HSC
N/A
yeah but that's mq :p

Okay, more seriously, DN average might be fine - but if you really want to guarantee it, and not have any worries, HD average is safe.
but what if your atar was really shit ? doesn't matter? lol

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Don't think it does. Depends on the uni though. Apparently Sydney consider ATAR as well as marks. UNSW is just marks.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
MQ:

How do I transfer to Macquarie University from another Institution?

After at least one semester of studying at university you can apply through UAC to enter a degree program at Macquarie University. For students who have completed one year or more of tertiary study, UAC will take into account both their academic record at tertiary level as well as their ATAR.

For students who have only completed up to six months of tertiary study and seek to reapply through UAC, they will be selected based on the best of their tertiary study or their ATAR, whichever is higher.

If you are successful and are offered a place at Macquarie University,you will be able to apply for Credit for Previous Studies. You will need to send this request with your official academic transcript from your original university to Macquarie University to gain maximum credit.

mq.edu.au/future_students/undergraduate/how_to_apply/undergraduate_faqs/#5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)