Uni, preferences, offers ... (1 Viewer)

sandersen

si seulement...
HSC
I just checked my offers and I got my second preference... Why?

My first preference was a B Arts/B Commerce at Sydney Uni Uai cutof was approximately 93.90. My UAI was 94.75.

My second preference was B Education/B Arts at Sydney Uni UAI 83 or so.

Why didn´t I get my first preference? Becuase more people with higher UAIs also applied or what? What should I do? I´m not even in Australia at the moment, am in Denmark for at least a year, so I would defer if anything anyway. Would you experienced BOSers accept the place and defer or just leave it or hope that I get another chance for my first preference in the late round or whatever it´s called?

Thank you all so much!

Epic_Postings

lol wut?
HSC
here's the reason, sorry to hear about it.

@ USYD UAI

B Commerce/B Arts 95.55

hellomike

HSC
I think in this case, your UAI was lower than this year's cut-off unfortunately. It seems your first course's UAI went up to 95.55.

sandersen

si seulement...
HSC
Yeah I didn´t have time to check before what the cutoff was. Why would it change? Because of high demand or something? I have no idea what to do now! Any ideas?
Thanks for the replies by the way!

sandersen

si seulement...
HSC
How would transferring work? How soon can you transfer? I will actually be deferring anyway because I´m not living in Australia at the moment but still...

Can I still get an offer even if I accept this other course?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
sandersen said:
How would transferring work? How soon can you transfer? I will actually be deferring anyway because I´m not living in Australia at the moment but still...

Can I still get an offer even if I accept this other course?
Alot of courses will have vacancies in midyear so you may be able to apply for a transfer then, otherwise you can apply after a year. You also can still recieve further offers even if you accept this one.

brightsea

HSC
Accept the offer you're given and then defer it. Then when you reapply through UAC next year to take up your guaranteed spot, put B Com/Arts as your first preference and your deferred place second. That way if the UAI cut-off comes down (to or below your UAI) in 2008 for B Com/Arts you'll get that. If it doesn't, next year accept your deferred spot and transfer.

sandersen

si seulement...
HSC
Awesome guys thanks for the advice will do as soon as uac is back up!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)