Uni or High School? (1 Viewer)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Don't say that markers won't check your reference, THEY DO and via turnitin.
That software gives the lecturer/tutor a percentage of how many direct quotes you used and whether you referenced them or not.
But from my understanding, it doesn't review the text that you've taken it from, and check to see whether it actually is a quote from there. I hack and slash all my quotes. Things like:

It can be shown that '[a]ll [people]... wanted to do it[.]'

Would be very hard to check whether it came from the original source.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
That software gives the lecturer/tutor a percentage of how many direct quotes you used and whether you referenced them or not.
Unfortunately turnitin costs a fortune and it's only available to the teaching staff.
I'd wish we had access so we could double check our referencing before submitting. =(
UTS has this system where they let students submit it in for testing. Once it's below a threshold given (i.e by tutor/lecturer) then they can just submit it in with the report from turnitin.

rubookmark

HSC
Uni Grad
Well UNSW also has Endnote.....posting link cause each Uni requires you to verify that you're a student there before giving you access

EndNote - UNSW Library - University of New South Wales
Click on the IT Service link and be ready to type your uni ID and pass several times.

Also...if you go here: Using Turnitin with My eLearning Vista

There are instructions on how to use the "turnitin" software through eLearning Vista.
(Though I'm not sure if that's for students or staff).

I'm sure if you dig deep enough, all resources are there.

HSC
Unfortunately turnitin costs a fortune and it's only available to the teaching staff.
I'd wish we had access so we could double check our referencing before submitting. =(
Plenty of uni's make turnitin available to students, in my experience though it does depend on the unit coordinator.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I love that this doesn't happen in any of my courses :D
Lucky butt :(

LOL, that reminds me of a girl in my year who was like "Ms, I don't understand" all the time. I heard from one of my friend saying that she doesn't even know why 5+2=7
She kept going on like..... "But Ms, I don't understand..." And her 2U maths teacher was yelling at her. I was like... I can get my little brother to tutor you.... :lol:
Crazy oO

what's his name? lols
I don't want to know XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)