• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Uni living arangements (1 Viewer)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I used to live with my fiance and another house mate for the first 2 years I was at uni. The positives is a lot more freedom, but with more freedom was more responsibility. The highs about it was that I was living with my fiance Felicity as well as Jacqueline, and I found out how good it is to have 2 absolutely brilliant housemates. The lows were not having that extra money because you have to put it towards rent but it was worth it.

For the last 6 months, I've been living at home back with the parentals. My situation has changed a lot from where it was 12 months ago... but living back at home definitely allows more financial freedom and security when things don't go to plan, but you have to come back to living under parental rules.

pete_mate

HSC
i wouldnt mind leaving home when i start uni, which campus do you stay at? are they always on the uni campus?

HSC
im still at home, my mum works 10 mins away from the campus so she just drives me directly or drops me off at the shopping centre, then i shop around and catch the bus to the uni

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
at home with mum and dad.....i do the cooking, mum does the washing i pay no board..

fucking awesome!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
When I was studying at UTS last year I lived at home. Now that I am in Perth I live at a residential college.

Acid

HSC
I'm living at home, and love it. Don't have to cook for myself (i'm hopeless at it), don't have to shop (i hate it), don't have to wash my own clothes (who enjoys that?) and don't have to pay many living expenses. I can also call my friends when I want to go out, rather than have them banging on my door whenever they please and don't have to use a tinnea (sp?) infested communal bathroom. I also have some privacy and am a two minute walk from Bondi Beach. Finally, my room isn't the size of a jail cell.

Personally, i'd rather all those benefits than the "convenience" of not having to buy a travel ten each week and waking up half an hour later each morning. But to each their own!

Note: I'd probably think differently if I lived more than an hour away from my Uni.

Farcanell

Acid said:
I'm living at home, and love it. Don't have to cook for myself (i'm hopeless at it), don't have to shop (i hate it), don't have to wash my own clothes (who enjoys that?) and don't have to pay many living expenses. I can also call my friends when I want to go out, rather than have them banging on my door whenever they please and don't have to use a tinnea (sp?) infested communal bathroom. I also have some privacy and am a two minute walk from Bondi Beach. Finally, my room isn't the size of a jail cell.

Personally, i'd rather all those benefits than the "convenience" of not having to buy a travel ten each week and waking up half an hour later each morning. But to each their own!

Note: I'd probably think differently if I lived more than an hour away from my Uni.
Yeah... its unusual to see someone forming such strong opinions over something they haven't ever actually tried...

S

Shuter

I need to find somewhere to move out soon :\ probably have to move in with some randoms.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
I live at home. There was a point where I considered going to Canberra for uni but decided against it cos I would be too homesick and would eventually have to move home because of depression or something.

S

Shuter

funky_a said:
I live at home. There was a point where I considered going to Canberra for uni but decided against it cos I would be too homesick and would eventually have to move home because of depression or something.
That's always what you want in a psychologist...

Acid

HSC
Farcanell said:
Yeah... its unusual to see someone forming such strong opinions over something they haven't ever actually tried...
Name one thing I said there that isn't true...

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
why dont u just stay with your parents till your 35 , and then everything will fall into place

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Live on Campus and wouldn't have it any other way!

If you have the opportunity to live on-campus, take it. I've had both and on-campus is ALOT better than with your parents ;)

rumour

HSC
funky_a said:
You won't have gotten that home sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

klh

HSC
Home:
Cons:
- moeny matters, limited
- controlling: i never get to go out much (a contributing factor is the load of uni work as well)
- location of computer and tv
- receiveing lectures from parents
- cnat get drunk

pros:
- food
- money (dont need to work)
-free living, expenses paid
-comforts of home

id rather live at home than at uni, and if i can get a perm. job, i can save up for a car. plus i believe uni accomodation is good for extreme circumstances unless there is an abundance of accomodation.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Lexicographer said:
When I was studying at UTS last year I lived at home. Now that I am in Perth I live at a residential college.
How would you compare the two? Do you think the college is worth it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)