Uni in Europe (1 Viewer)

Ingypingy

HSC
What do people know about Uni in Europe? I've heard it is considerably cheaper than Australia (but quite a few thousand)... mmm... dreams...

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
woah fucking weird i was going to post an exact thread right now about going to europe to study.

i wanna go to the glasgow school of arts.. i reckon that studying in europe would be such a better experience than in australia, cos you'd get such a bigger mix of cultures and experiences.
/end wank wank wank

i'm not sure about it being cheaper, actually i have nfi how the uni fees system works in europe at all..?

santaslayer

HSC
ehhh.....i dunno about ur uni, but our uni gives travel grants out of $1000 if u wanna study in any country........
then u can apply for a scholarship as well on top of that...(anywhere from $500 to $5000)
ur degree is still finished at the required time as well!

Ingypingy

HSC
Originally posted by johnson
woah fucking weird i was going to post an exact thread right now about going to europe to study.

i wanna go to the glasgow school of arts.. i reckon that studying in europe would be such a better experience than in australia, cos you'd get such a bigger mix of cultures and experiences.
/end wank wank wank

i'm not sure about it being cheaper, actually i have nfi how the uni fees system works in europe at all..?

hey, check out http://thorntree.lonelyplanet.com/m...&messid=3574687&STARTPAGE=1&parentid=0&from=1

It's this other post about study in europe. while uni is cheaper there, living costs are WAY higher it would seem, so I guess you pay for "the experience" in the end anyway.

Ingypingy

HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
ehhh.....i dunno about ur uni, but our uni gives travel grants out of $1000 if u wanna study in any country........
then u can apply for a scholarship as well on top of that...(anywhere from $500 to $5000)

Which uni do you happen to attend (if you don't mind), and how do you get a scholarship? I mean, I doubt they hand out $1000 to anyone who wants a holiday. Do you then need to pay fees at your uni o/s on top of fees at your aussie uni? Oh, the possibilities...

santaslayer

HSC
nah nah nah......

u get a $1000 if u apply befor 31st of this month...guaranteed.
ur scholarship will depend on ur uni marks.....because it ranges from $500 to $5000, the requirement will vary accordingly.
u pay the same for uni fees as u would in australia (HECS), same price.
depending on ur scholarship prize (if u get one), ur living costs will vary overseas...

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
ur scholarship will depend on ur uni marks.....because it ranges from $500 to $5000, the requirement will vary accordingly.
Why would your University give out scholarships? What benefit would it get out of doing so:confused:?

santaslayer

HSC
the same notion of why unis will give out scholarships for people who got 99.xx uai!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
the same notion of why unis will give out scholarships for people who got 99.xx uai!
In the case you mentioned, they give scholarships because it will attract the student to their University. Why though, would your University give out a scholarship to a student to study overseas, shouldn't the overseas University be giving out the scholarship:confused:?

santaslayer

HSC
well yea, that would be logical, but because the unis have a mutual agreement, it dosent really matter which uni is paying for what!
its also to encourage international study... people usually cant go coz of cost factors, and if these cost factors prohibit stdying abroad, then the existing relationship between UOW and the forieg unis cease to exist.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
well yea, that would be logical, but because the unis have a mutual agreement, it dosent really matter which uni is paying for what!
its also to encourage international study... people usually cant go coz of cost factors, and if these cost factors prohibit stdying abroad, then the existing relationship between UOW and the forieg unis cease to exist.
Well if you put it that way, I can understand:).

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Merethrond
Well if you put it that way, I can understand:).

phewww....... finally.........LoLz

i've noticed u've been generating a lotta discussion, esp in response to my posts...i smell something fishy! :p :p :p

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
only 1000?
Fuck maquarie gives 3000 to everyone who gets accepted to study abroad and then you can apply for additional scholarships on top of that...
ohh and i just found this..
"Students who wish to study in Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden will receive an additional AUD$1000 for each semester they spend abroad to help offset the expense of living in these countries. "

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Originally posted by Merethrond
Why would your University give out scholarships? What benefit would it get out of doing so:confused:?
It's not UOW who gives out the scholarships. The uni is involved in many international student exchange programs with other universities around the world including the UK, France, Germany, Canada, US and Japan. The idea of offering scholarships to UOW students is so those students from the other uni's have someone to exchange with. If you have a look at UOW's site, you'll notice that the scholarships of $5000 and the like are only offered to unis like one in Japan where it's a total engineering university and no courses are taught in english... whereas UK/Canada/US unis hardly ever offer scholarships because of their popularity besides the $1000 travel grant which is used for an incentive to attract people to the scheme.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ingypingy
What do people know about Uni in Europe? I've heard it is considerably cheaper than Australia (but quite a few thousand)... mmm... dreams...
doesn't the living expenses outweigh the marginal difference?

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Raiks
It's not UOW who gives out the scholarships. The uni is involved in many international student exchange programs with other universities around the world including the UK, France, Germany, Canada, US and Japan. The idea of offering scholarships to UOW students is so those students from the other uni's have someone to exchange with. If you have a look at UOW's site, you'll notice that the scholarships of $5000 and the like are only offered to unis like one in Japan where it's a total engineering university and no courses are taught in english... whereas UK/Canada/US unis hardly ever offer scholarships because of their popularity besides the $1000 travel grant which is used for an incentive to attract people to the scheme.
u gone thru a scholarship program yet?:)

alman

studying overseas is all well and good...

i rejected an offer from london school of economics (LSE) and royal veterinary college...the living costs are way too high in the UK and the undergraduate degrees are very much the same worldwide - that is, the basic foundations of what you want to do...also note, that it is the European Union member countries that are entitled to the considerably cheaper uni fees over there...

for example, LSE is 2000pound for EU member citizens, whereas overseas students are 10000 pound for fees only! thats AUD24000 and that doesnt include living costs, books, clothes, etc....its way too expensive!

it would be much easier (and cheaper because you would work with the undergrad degree, presumably) to do postgrad degrees overseas and would probably end up looking better on resume/cv

i hope this helps a lot!

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by alman
studying overseas is all well and good...

i rejected an offer from london school of economics (LSE) and royal veterinary college...the living costs are way too high in the UK and the undergraduate degrees are very much the same worldwide - that is, the basic foundations of what you want to do...also note, that it is the European Union member countries that are entitled to the considerably cheaper uni fees over there...

for example, LSE is 2000pound for EU member citizens, whereas overseas students are 10000 pound for fees only! thats AUD24000 and that doesnt include living costs, books, clothes, etc....its way too expensive!

it would be much easier (and cheaper because you would work with the undergrad degree, presumably) to do postgrad degrees overseas and would probably end up looking better on resume/cv

i hope this helps a lot!

u rejected an overseas exchange program?.............OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!....arghhhhhh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)