UNI GYM~ your thoughts (1 Viewer)

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
Goes something like this:

Day #1

Squat... approach 3x5, then 1x3, then 1x1, 1x1, 1x1 until failure.
Box Squat: 3x3 with parallel or slightly above box.
Leg Press: 3x8
Calf Raises: 3x20
GHR: 3x8

Day #2

[ DL... 1x5, 1x5, 1x5... approach a max of 1x5 then 1x1, 1x1 until failure, Then 3x5 deficit DL] OR every 2nd week [ GM: 1x8, 1x8, 1x8... approach a 1x5, Then concentric GM's 3x8]

One-Arm Rows: 3x8 each arm
Pulldowns: 3x8
One-Hand Deadlifts with olympic bar+weights (I do about 70kg): 3x8 each arm
T-Bar Rows or Bent-over-rows: 3x8

Day #3
[ Bench: 1x5,1x5,1x5... approach a max of a 1x5 then 1x1 maybe. I am not a big bencher (long arms) so I don't go too heavy here ].

[3x8 DB Bench Press] OR every 2nd week [3x8 DB Shoulder Press]
Kroc Rows: 3x20 each arm.
Military Press: 3x8
Biceps Curls, French Presses... 3x8
Dips: 3x8
Tricep Pushdowns.... 3x8

That's pretty much it. Sometimes I throw in extra curls or triceps work on non-arm days. I use a belt only for heaviest 1x1 sets.

Here are some clips for various stuff:

Box Squat
YouTube - METAL Gym Training, Ano Turtiainen, Box squat with chains

Concentric GM's
YouTube - Powerlifting, 485 lb. concentric GM max effort

GM's
YouTube - Good Mornings

Cheers
Wow! Thanks!

Don't hear of many people doing 1 arm dlifts...

sudzgoa

HSC
N/A
How do you do squats until failure? Im worried about pushing myself even when im in the squat rack coz i dont want to not be able to get up and embarass myself by falling down and the terrible sound of the bar hitting the metal support beams.

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
How do you do squats until failure? Im worried about pushing myself even when im in the squat rack coz i dont want to not be able to get up and embarass myself by falling down and the terrible sound of the bar hitting the metal support beams.

good thing to do would be to have a training partner...sure wish i had one, would really make a difference

russs

yeeeee
HSC
You def. get a spotter for the heaviest sets. You also need a strong GM for proper "bad squat" recovery, otherwise you can hurt your back if you get stuck and start "falling forward". I wouldn't recommend relying on pins.

ozwunder

HSC
to really HTFU do Olympic Lifting, probably banned in most gyms, are instructers these days are not IQ>100 .i.e. Arnold was a Olympic Lifter first and after 10 yeARS ACCEPTED BIG CASH FOR NAUTILUS COMMERICALS iMAGE $$$$$

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)