Uni Degree Advice (1 Viewer)

fatman69

HSC
I am having a hard time to pick a uni degree and somethings that I have in mind I am scared that it wont interest me in the future, if you guys have any degree in mind that is interesting please let me know and really appreciative for your help

Ksalu

>:))
HSC
I am having a hard time to pick a uni degree and somethings that I have in mind I am scared that it wont interest me in the future, if you guys have any degree in mind that is interesting please let me know and really appreciative for your help
What subjects do u enjoy and what interests u in life?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I think that Aeonium and Ksalu make a good point in that they are suggesting studying a particular degree(s) based on whether you are good at and/or enjoy a subject(s) that is related to that degree(s). Essentially, a good starting point would be to consider the subjects that you are currently taking. This is because a student's subject combination tends to reflect their personal interests, which usually applies to at least one of their subjects. For example, if a student is interested in maths, it is possible that this would be a reason for them to take higher levels of maths such as Mathematics Extension 1 and Mathematics Extension 2. As you consider your subject combination, a couple of elements to be emphasised are:
  • Whether you are taking a particular subject(s) out of genuine interest, instead of for meeting the minimum unit requirement for instance.
  • Whether there is a subject(s) where your performance has consistently been favourable.
Of course, your interests may extend beyond your school subjects and may include aspects of your life (for example, activities that you may enjoy) that are not related to school. If this is the case, you may also wish to consider those alongside the above, which will hopefully allow you to make a more informed decision.

Generally speaking, there is a wide range of degrees offered by universities, a lot of which may be interesting and this varies across different students. Here, your ATAR goal may assist you in determining a particular range, degrees above which you would not consider as options. For example, if you aim to achieve an ATAR of 90, then you could probably disregard degrees with higher ATAR requirements (such as a Bachelor of Laws, Doctor of Medicine, Bachelor of Actuarial Studies and so on), which can help you narrow down potential degrees.

The following is a brief list of degrees that you may wish to consider if you happen to be interested in any of the following:
  • Maths/science
    • Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
    • Bachelor of Science
    • Bachelor of Business/Commerce
  • Technology
    • Bachelor of Computer Science
  • Medical
    • Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
    • Bachelor of Nursing
    • Bachelor of Physiotherapy
  • Writing/literature-based
    • Bachelor of Laws
    • Bachelor of Arts
I hope this helps! :D

fatman69

HSC
I think that Aeonium and Ksalu make a good point in that they are suggesting studying a particular degree(s) based on whether you are good at and/or enjoy a subject(s) that is related to that degree(s). Essentially, a good starting point would be to consider the subjects that you are currently taking. This is because a student's subject combination tends to reflect their personal interests, which usually applies to at least one of their subjects. For example, if a student is interested in maths, it is possible that this would be a reason for them to take higher levels of maths such as Mathematics Extension 1 and Mathematics Extension 2. As you consider your subject combination, a couple of elements to be emphasised are:
  • Whether you are taking a particular subject(s) out of genuine interest, instead of for meeting the minimum unit requirement for instance.
  • Whether there is a subject(s) where your performance has consistently been favourable.
Of course, your interests may extend beyond your school subjects and may include aspects of your life (for example, activities that you may enjoy) that are not related to school. If this is the case, you may also wish to consider those alongside the above, which will hopefully allow you to make a more informed decision.

Generally speaking, there is a wide range of degrees offered by universities, a lot of which may be interesting and this varies across different students. Here, your ATAR goal may assist you in determining a particular range, degrees above which you would not consider as options. For example, if you aim to achieve an ATAR of 90, then you could probably disregard degrees with higher ATAR requirements (such as a Bachelor of Laws, Doctor of Medicine, Bachelor of Actuarial Studies and so on), which can help you narrow down potential degrees.

The following is a brief list of degrees that you may wish to consider if you happen to be interested in any of the following:
  • Maths/science
    • Bachelor of Science
  • Technology
    • Bachelor of Computer Science
  • Medical
    • Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
    • Bachelor of Nursing
    • Bachelor of Physiotherapy
  • Writing/literature-based
    • Bachelor of Laws
    • Bachelor of Arts
I hope this helps! :D
Thanks for the help, I was planning to do computer science but I dont think i will enjoy it plus i kinda suck at maths and i heard its a maths heavy degree

=)(=

HSC
lol they have a special department with feminist, vegans and cyclists to ensure they mantain a level of 'clout' in our modern day epoch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)