Uni course preferences (1 Viewer)

Rush152

I'm not sure if this thread goes here but anyway..

Seeing how I went in most of my HSC exams and my assessments, I know that I may not be getting the 90uai that I hoped for. But since that's happened, what should I do about my preferences for the uni courses I picked??
It sort of goes in my order of preference but also in order of uai (from the uac book). Should I leave everything as is or should I bump up the courses which require less uai to get in? Uni's select you in order of preference then marks right?

*bleh* so lost :confused: :confused:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
ok, lets have a hypothetical:

course a: uai cutoff 95
course b: uai cutoff 90
course c: uai cutoff 85

You receive a UAI of say 92

You have in order:
a, b, c
You will recieve an offer for b

You have in order:
c, b, a
You will recieve an offer for c, despite your UAI being good enough to get you into b

Order in terms of PREFERENCE not in terms of UAI

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
generally you should put the highest UAI course first and do it in that order (assuming that the higher ones are the ones you want most). You will not be disadvantaged if the only course you are eligible for is 9th preference and for someone else that course is 1st preference, you will both be treated equally despite difference in preference. Put what you want most first even if there is no chance of getting it, then the one you want second most as 2nd, and so on. 9th preference (or the last preference you choose) should be the one you least want but are still willing to accept

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)