• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Uni Advice - UOW or fee pay UNSW? (1 Viewer)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
neo_o said:
The guys from HK seem to be winning out for the above reasons.
my idea is to work there 2-3 years, when i can come back with decent, international experience and get good pay here (as opposed to $15 dollars an hour graduate salary).

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Frigid said:
my idea is to work there 2-3 years, when i can come back with decent, international experience and get good pay here (as opposed to $15 dollars an hour graduate salary).
Forget work, I just want to live there for a year.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
neo_o said:
Forget work, I just want to live there for a year.
reasons for which you and i know all too well, mr neo ;)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Frigid said:
reasons for which you and i know all too well, mr neo ;)
Stop the accusations! I'm innocent until proven guilty, and don't even try to put me on trial for crimes that you've committed yourself. :)

Last edited:
HSC
If you guys have obviously pinpointed where to find cute asian chicks, where do girls find hot asian guys? A question I have to find the answer to...

BillytheFIsh

HSC
Don't they speak Cantonese in HK rather than Mandarin? Or is Mand. the official legal language?

I guess I should know this considering my GF + fam ect speak Cantonese and she is currently in China learning/improving her Madarin.

PS. Being anglo and trying to fit in with an Asian GF's family SUCKS.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
neo_o said:
and don't even try to put me on trial for crimes that you've committed yourself. :)
that's not the rule of autrefois acquit. :p
charlie_charlie said:
If you guys have obviously pinpointed where to find cute asian chicks, where do girls find hot asian guys? A question I have to find the answer to...
of course UNSW comlaw lah. where else. :cool:
BillytheFIsh said:
Don't they speak Cantonese in HK rather than Mandarin? Or is Mand. the official legal language?

PS. Being anglo and trying to fit in with an Asian GF's family SUCKS.
the official 'languages' of Hong Kong are Chinese and English (both for political and legal purposes).

The whole mandarin/cantonese distinction is merely oral; they are dialects. Cantonese is the local dialect in Hong Kong, whereas Mandarin is the official dialect. Most HK people don't speak Mandarin well (in fact, most HK celebs when they get interviewed in Mandarin speak crap-ass mando)... whereas everyone in HK can speak canto.

Written Chinese is basically the same (except for the whole traditional/simplified script distinction, but that story is for another day).

haha, well at least you don't see many asian guys going out with anglo girls... most of the time, such pairings won't work ab initio. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)