• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Unfair or Fair Enough? (1 Viewer)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
its not unfair, u should have read the instructions!
It's obvious they knew the instructions if they did it for the other 19 and had a slip up on one...I think more the issue is that other people got awarded a mark when they didn't fill it in either makes it unfair. Either noone gets the mark or everyone, consistency makes it fair.

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
that always ends up with other people losing marks :c

Semi-related my first assessment task this year in maths i put something like 3.66(repeater) and lost a mark simply for not going 3.6(repeater) despite not saying it wanted it in simplest form :/
It's obvious they knew the instructions if they did it for the other 19 and had a slip up on one...I think more the issue is that other people got awarded a mark when they didn't fill it in either makes it unfair. Either noone gets the mark or everyone, consistency makes it fair.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
Fair.

If it was the HSC exam you'd lose the mark as well.

You need to carefully read all instructions given. You also should be familiar with how to use an OMR multiple choice sheet by now.
You're obviously wrong, also others that are saying it's fair that he's lost a mark. Look at the situation from other posts. OP said that another student 'wrote' the answer and was awarded the mark, if it was in an HSC exam they would also lose the mark.
BUT in this case if a person who wrote the answer got a mark, circling the answer is on equal grounds, so OP should be awarded the mark.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Wrong? Fairness seems to be a fairly subjective concept.
You're obviously wrong, also others that are saying it's fair that he's lost a mark. Look at the situation from other posts. OP said that another student 'wrote' the answer and was awarded the mark, if it was in an HSC exam they would also lose the mark.
BUT in this case if a person who wrote the answer got a mark, circling the answer is on equal grounds, so OP should be awarded the mark.

Demise

HSC
Wrong? Fairness seems to be a fairly subjective concept.
I thought tests were to check if a student had the knowledge, not if the student made a slight mistake in placing the REQUESTED answer format (shading in the circle). If it's clear that the student indicated the correct answer and was marked incorrectly, then tests aren't doing what they're meant to be doing, which IMHO, is ludicrous.

Sanjeet

HSC
I thought tests were to check if a student had the knowledge, not if the student made a slight mistake in placing the REQUESTED answer format (shading in the circle). If it's clear that the student indicated the correct answer and was marked incorrectly, then tests aren't doing what they're meant to be doing, which IMHO, is ludicrous.
this

trevorli

HSC
Yeah, but what would you do if you originally coloured in the correct answer, but then change it but then need to change it back to your original? How else would you signal to the marker that you were meant to choose that answer without re circling it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)