Unfair or Fair Enough? (1 Viewer)

vegan1

HSC
N/A
I lost a mark in multiple choice because I circled the bubble instead of shading it in... Is this unfair?

uniquee

reps2g is a stalker
HSC
Yep, but you should've read the instructions. Which is usually on top of the multiple answer sheet.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I think it is unfair personally. If it was clear you meant that answer, it's pretty lame, especially if you only slipped up once in not crossing.

Unless you did it for all of them, cause you should really read exam instructions I dunno, it's still petty but probably in the same league as losing a mark going 10 seconds over in speeches etc.

But make sure not to do it in the actual HSC.

vegan1

HSC
N/A
Yeah it was only one question! And I legit changed it in the last 5 seconds of the exam. And also some other girl made a mistake and ended up writing the correct letter.. which was also against the instruction ?

vegan1

HSC
N/A
Not explicitly... And this other person also ended up writing instead of shading and still got the mark!

iBibah

HSC
It does sound unfair but there has to be a line drawn, because then everyone can do their own thing. And I think it's because in the HSC you would have lost the mark as computers mark them and can only mark what's shaded not circled.
Hopefully you won't forget next time :D

planino

HSC
Yeah it's pretty unfair, especially considering others still got marks

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Consider this though, markers should know that the trials are a stressful period. If its a minor lapse like "circling" the bubble then I think it should be let off...

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Very controversial but honestly, you should have followed the instructions and don't deserve a mark if you do it incorrectly.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Not explicitly... And this other person also ended up writing instead of shading and still got the mark!
Once off and someone else got the mark for not doing the instructions. Unfair in my books. It was obvious what answer you were indicating.

SanjoyM

HSC
Inform your Head Teacher for that particular subject or ask your teacher why he/she awarded the other person the mark, but not you. Show him/her the paper of the other person. Sometimes teachers are in a good mood, so decide to give the mark; however, somtimes teachers can be in a slightly different mood and not award the mark.

Sanjeet

HSC
Nobody's asked this so....did you choose the correct answer?

vegan1

HSC
N/A
yeh haha it was the correct answer of course!

nahi11

HSC
wow thats sad. I would seriously take this further even though its a mark. It is not as if they were using a computer to mark it...

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Fair.

If it was the HSC exam you'd lose the mark as well.

You need to carefully read all instructions given. You also should be familiar with how to use an OMR multiple choice sheet by now.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
I think its unfair, especially considering that the other student was awarded the mark. But equally, its fair because you wouldn't get the mark in the HSC. That being said, I think the lesson is learnt so go chase up that extra mark! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)