Uneven muscles, how to fix? (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
lol..

so i did weights on sunday, now i'll be dead for the next week, which is understandable. Pain in my left bicep (hmm..), and in the corner area where the pec meets the shoulder muscle, and pains in my delts (i swear theyve doubled in size).
Now, a strange thing happened: i almost pulled my right pec muscle, and i sorta stopped it from being completely pulled (y'know how u feel it about to be pulled, and u can stop it, thats what i did), but now it hurts more than usual, and is quite swollen lol!!!!!!!!!!!!

HSC
Omie Jay said:
lol..

so i did weights on sunday, now i'll be dead for the next week, which is understandable. Pain in my left bicep (hmm..), and in the corner area where the pec meets the shoulder muscle, and pains in my delts (i swear theyve doubled in size).
Now, a strange thing happened: i almost pulled my right pec muscle, and i sorta stopped it from being completely pulled (y'know how u feel it about to be pulled, and u can stop it, thats what i did), but now it hurts more than usual, and is quite swollen lol!!!!!!!!!!!!
Owch, more warm up stretches for you.

KillerIsMe

Very Special Master
HSC
I've got that problem in my legs, but that's because I was on crutches for three months as I had three ligaments torn off the bone and my leg muscle torn off too. Lots of fun.
So basically in physio and at home when I do exercises just on my right leg to help build it up. You might as well just do extra reps on your left arm or use heavier weights on that side and that will have the same effect I'm guessing.

quik.

HSC
I would advise encorporating more barbell excerises.
About 4;2 ratio.
Yeah no. If you are that worried about being uneven (which as people have said, is not uncommon) then dumbells are the way to go as each arm will have to support x amount of weight. With a barbell, the stronger side compensates.

Venom.

HSC
Its k Omie, nobody notices when your arms are both under 10 inches anyways. So chill man. :santa:

x_rogerr

HSC
mine are uneven too ):
but soon wont be :)

when you do weights, always start with your left hand and do as much reps as you can
then do the same with your right and stop at the same amount as your left hand did

McLoving

HSC
yeah..so my right bicep is bigger than my left bicep...

Im gonna start weights again soon, any special methods to even myself up, apart from lifting everyting only with my left hand?
Also, has this happened to other ppl too?
stop using your right hand to yang off

get some girl you dark ronk

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
my forearms are relatively the same thanks to kendo. But right is a bit more defined.

biceps are pretty much the same.. and left calf is stronger than right calf.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
dats what i try to say

I just love it how asian accents somehow make it onto the internet via text.

Ive got the opposite problem though, im right handed and my left bicep is more defined.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
a guy i used to work with had one massively big calf because that was the leg he used to push while skating. we were giggling at work one day because he was wearing tight girls jeans and it suddenly became noticeable. the next day at work our boss yelled at us for fooling around at work because some high level manager had come in as a customer and heard us discussing silly things. our manager was like "there was talk of calves or something?" haha :eek:

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
ahh the old masturbation arm problem.

basically my trainer suggests that for any exercise where one muscle is stronger than its counterpart, the best way to proceed is to only do as many reps as your weakest part can do. e.g if doing bicep curls, start with your weakest arm - and only do as many as you can do, then use the other arm and only do as many as the first arm could do.

this way, you'll still be working both muscles, but you'll be working the weaker one more.

this method is definately more effective than simply only working the weak muscle, because you will lose strength in the other arm, which then means they will even out, but at a level lower than if you had still been working the stronger arm.

it does take a bit longer, because you're still working the stronger muscle, but its much more beneficial in the long run.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)