Uneven muscles, how to fix? (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yeah..so my right bicep is bigger than my left bicep...

Im gonna start weights again soon, any special methods to even myself up, apart from lifting everyting only with my left hand?
Also, has this happened to other ppl too?

Princess Leng

HSC
Omie Jay said:

Im gonna start weights again soon, any special methods to even myself up, apart from lifting everyting only with my left hand?
maybe use a tiny bit more weight on the arm that's smaller?

skynet89

HSC
unless you're obviously putting more effort on one side than the other it just takes time.

ItsColinoOo0o

HSC
mm tennis players often come across this problem. In fact probably everyoen will find that their right hand (if they are right handed ) is stronger than their left.
How about just do 1 more set with your left hand during workouts, or add more weights to your left one?
I guess tats the only solution

Pace_T

HSC
its normal. as colin has said, if you're right handed, your right bicep is probably going to be bigger, same for shoulders, calves etc...
look at arnie.

dont get this mixed up with uneven shapes of your muscles. often your biceps will be equal in size but one will appear bigger than the other because of a slightly different shape. the best way to see if this is the case (rather than one being bigger than the other) see if the one that is smaller is just as strong as the bigger one

if one is bigger than the other then the best way to correct it is by training as heavy as the weakest one allows. eventually they'll even out. so if for example you can do 12 reps of X kg on your right arm but only 10 on the other, then do 10 on both. failure on both arms at different reps is only going to make it worse.

dont do an extra set either. its difficult to know whether an extra set will make it bigger, or weaker (overtraining).

HSC
Princess Leng said:
maybe you should start using your left hand?
Hahaha i see what you're saying there boxie.

Honestly, have people ever tried using their left hand (assuming you're right handed)?

mcquinn

HSC
When i broke my right wrist (right handed) about two years back i was forced to adjust my 'approach' to certain activities...and thanks to that im pretty much ambidextrous when it comes to that.

Nothing else of importance though unfortunately. If only i couldve learnt to write left-handed, i couldve started an essay with one hand, the end with the other and met in the middle. Woulda doubled my efficiency :)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
k thanks ppl.
At the gym when i use the bicep curl machine, i probably use extra force with my right hand (without noticing) than left (since both are being used at the same time), which is probably why when i use dumbells for bicep curls i find it harder with my left arm. I guess i should stick to curls then.

Last edited:

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
awww its ok that you are lopsided, its not uncommon, many girls go through the problem where the grow unevenly and one is bigger than the other. Im sure the smaller one with catch up

friction

HSC
Use Dumbells so they are both doing the same effort and they will even out.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
ItsColinoOo0o said:
mm tennis players often come across this problem. In fact probably everyoen will find that their right hand (if they are right handed ) is stronger than their left.
How about just do 1 more set with your left hand during workouts, or add more weights to your left one?
I guess tats the only solution
I play tennis 4 hours a day, mine are even.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Nice pace t.

I would advise encorporating more barbell excerises.
About 4;2 ratio.

Spider curls are great, try them.

HSC
Omie Jay said:

Apart from weight lifting you can also try wanking with your left hand once in a while. I can't understand weightlifting at all. You lift things try your hardest then put it back where it was. Can you think of anyone who's got a career out of weightlifting? Oh wait there was, Arnold Schwarzenigger.

old.skool.kid

HSC
Omie Jay said:
lol, one of my testicles is lower then the other, im kinda worried about that too ;)
Im pretty sure thats normal, well at least i hope it is :S lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)