Underrated Films (1 Viewer)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Lately i've been interested in alot of underrated films, different genres, i'm just trying to "expand my horizons" as cliched as they may sound.

So what films do you really like that you feel didn't get the credit they deserved? I'll let a few people post, then i'll post mine :)

guy

HSC
anything thats good is underrated
anything by P.t anderson, coen brothers, wes anderson, david lynch,

unoriginal

Going by your sig i'm am assuming you like The*Ataris, if so you might want to check out "The Goonies". It is the movie that Kris Roe used for some of the themes in "So Long Astoria", which happens to be the town the movie is based in. This movie is not underated its just pretty old so you might not have seen it. The second paragraph of your sig mentions some ideas shown in the movie.

crazyhobo

By underrated, do you mean great films that no one has seen? Confessions of a Dangerous Mind and American Splendour are two great recent films that not a whole lotta people will see.

colosus

HSC
anything made by spike lee usually never gets the attention it desrves

guy

HSC
Originally posted by colosus
anything made by spike lee usually never gets the attention it desrves
yah
i always get confused
is spike lee the guy that did "do the right thing" or "being john malkovich"?
but its the same for both
shit i accidently just added you to my buddy list... just disregard it

Lundy

Banned
HSC
The Pianist. I don't know anyone else who has actually seen it

And another one I've always thought underrated is Clue

Originally posted by guy
yah
i always get confused
is spike lee the guy that did "do the right thing" or "being john malkovich"?
but its the same for both
shit i accidently just added you to my buddy list... just disregard it
spike jonez made being john malkovich
spike lee made he got game

colosus

HSC
spike lee also did another film that many didnt see the 25th hour. i actually should get around to watching that.

spike jonez buy the way is married to sophie ford coppola

crazyhobo

I actually didn't like Being John Malkovich, but Adaptation, another Jonze movie, was fantastic.

And with The Pianist, I must be the only person who thought that was one of the most uplifting and optimistic movies ever. Everyone else I know whose seen it thought it was such as sad movie.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Originally posted by crazyhobo
And with The Pianist, I must be the only person who thought that was one of the most uplifting and optimistic movies ever. Everyone else I know whose seen it thought it was such as sad movie.
It was both at the same time, I thought. I loved this movie so much, and no one can understand why

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
By underrated, do you mean great films that no one has seen? Confessions of a Dangerous Mind and American Splendour are two great recent films that not a whole lotta people will see.
Bu underrated I mean films that you thought didn't get the recognition that they deserved and yeah, even some movies that heaps of people probably won't see.

Personally, i've been watching a movie called 'The Affair Of The Necklace', set in France during Marie Antoinette's reign. It's very interesting, has a good cast and is good for those who like a bit of history sometimes.

Another one is Monty Python's 'Life Of Brian', which I believe is a gold movie, but was outshined by The Holy Grail. It had me in stitches the whole way through.

crazyhobo

Originally posted by Loz#1
Another one is Monty Python's 'Life Of Brian', which I believe is a gold movie, but was outshined by The Holy Grail. It had me in stitches the whole way through.
Well I wouldn't consider Life of Brian to be underrated, most people I know think it's one of the greatest comedies ever. Definately my favourite Python movie.

'Pi' and 'Requiem for a Dream', both directed by Darren Aronofsky are both amazing films. Watch out for this director, with 2 or 3 more films under his belt, he will be considered one of the greats.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
What do you mean, no one can understand why?
Because the people I've recommended it to, and have watched it have said to me afterwards "Um, why do you like it so much? it's so depressing."

I have to watch Life of Brian again...I've seen Holy Grail probably too many times for my own good

crazyhobo

Originally posted by Lundy
Because the people I've recommended it to, and have watched it have said to me afterwards "Um, why do you like it so much? it's so depressing."
Just because a movie is depressing, doesn't make it bad. Requiem for a Dream is probably the most depressing movie I have ever seen, and it's for that reason that I love it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)