HD average and uai 98+ will do it
along with that kickass interview

stargaze

HSC
Bob.J said:
i know of people who have gotten a transfer

HD average and uai 98+ will do it
along with that kickass interview
Whoa okay. This would include a pretty shiny UMAT score as well right?

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
stargaze said:
Whoa okay. This would include a pretty shiny UMAT score as well right?

oh yeh, totally forgot that

a marvellous umat score would be the standard requirement

i'd be more worried about that HD average, pretty hard to maintain in adv sci/med sci

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
stargaze said:
1st year transfers into UNSW med.. Does anyone know the realistic chances of this? Maybe I heard wrong, but at Open day i got the impression that transfers were close to impossible.

Clever_angel, thats a pretty high UAI tho, so I'm thinking u have a better than average chance tho. (At least I hope so, cos if u dont I have little chance at a med transfer anywhere haha)
if u mean med to med ... it kinda is.. e.g. newcastle med to UNSW med..

but if u meant from non-related course to med ... slightly more realistic lik Med Sci to Med

sorry could quite make a distinction in ure line of questioning

mervvyn

Marshm'ello
Somewhere over the rainbow... yes, that rainbow.
HSC
I'm not sure if this is the question you're asking, but getting credit for time already spent studying in another course/uni for unsw med is assessed case by case and is extremely rare - mainly occurs for people who started med somewhere else. That's what i understand when you say transfer. if you mean transfer in the sense that you gain entry to unsw med to start at the beginning of 1st year, ignore me, everyone else has beaten me there. :)

Tikkki

HSC
hey im in year 12 right now and i was wondering wat the requirements are to get into medical courses at the unsw, as in uai or any subject requirements, required marks etc...

the main courses im askin bout r
1.) 3802 Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery
2.) 3841 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery

nd wat can u do if u dont get ur required uai??? my estimated uai from yr 11 is 92. do i need more??

any sort of help will be appriciated
thnx

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Tikkki said:
hey im in year 12 right now and i was wondering wat the requirements are to get into medical courses at the unsw, as in uai or any subject requirements, required marks etc...

the main courses im askin bout r
1.) 3802 Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery
2.) 3841 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery

nd wat can u do if u dont get ur required uai??? my estimated uai from yr 11 is 92. do i need more??

any sort of help will be appriciated
thnx
You will generally need 98 uai and excellent umat, or 99+ and very good umat. You'll need to work harder if you want to get into med. I suggest you do some research to answer your own questions.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Alas for the poor first-time poster. Probably just joined and had a very quick squiz at the threads thinking "screw it, I'll just ask".

After all, it's not easy to read every thread.

Oh, and don't forget great interview. ;)

stargaze

HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
if u mean med to med ... it kinda is.. e.g. newcastle med to UNSW med..

but if u meant from non-related course to med ... slightly more realistic lik Med Sci to Med

sorry could quite make a distinction in ure line of questioning
I meant a non-related course to med. I'll most likely be doing physiotherapy at USYD next year, resitting UMAT and going into Med 1st Year in 2007 or whenever/just keeping on with physio (which is cool too). I think aiming for UNSW is a tad unrealistic because I have a <98 UAI, so I'll look into UWS a bit and maybe overseas (Malaysian) uni's with twinning.

Vampire

KOLLARZUP!!
HSC
Ok so is it possible for me to apply for 1st year med at unsw again if i'm at usyd this year, re-do UMAT, and have academic merit 50:50 as well as interview?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)