undergrad sydney uni med for only 99.80? (1 Viewer)

w8t4hope

HSC
Hi everyone,

I have been told by my mother's friend that a guy she knows got into sydney university medicine as an undergraduate of the 2010 HSC with only an atar of 99.80.

She also says that he got a scholarship to the medicine course, and doing a combined with music course on top of that.

I do not believe this to be a fact but just wanted to see if this was actually possible at all, and if this case is true.

i think the chinese whispers effect has taken place but ye just wanted to make sure.

Thanks for your time! :D

HSC
Nope, definitely possible. To do combined music/med you only need an atar of 99.6+, instead of the 99.95 required for the other combined meds at undergrad USYD. However, there's a music audition that needs to be done to get into that, so you do have to be a pretty talented musician to get in. Congrats to your friend!

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi everyone,

I have been told by my mother's friend that a guy she knows got into sydney university medicine as an undergraduate of the 2010 HSC with only an atar of 99.80.

She also says that he got a scholarship to the medicine course, and doing a combined with music course on top of that.

I do not believe this to be a fact but just wanted to see if this was actually possible at all, and if this case is true.

i think the chinese whispers effect has taken place but ye just wanted to make sure.

Thanks for your time! :D
yep, it's completely possible as that person is doing music/med which requires 99.6~ ish. They wouldn't have received the outstanding students' scholarship though

Tim035

HSC
I remember there was a guy at my school who managed to do something similar. I know he consistantly achieved high distinction marks in those yearly science contests that sydney uni offers schools, and had some other ties with Usyd doing summer research scholarships and stuff.

NihaoMa

Banned
HSC
I remember there was a guy at my school who managed to do something similar. I know he consistantly achieved high distinction marks in those yearly science contests that sydney uni offers schools, and had some other ties with Usyd doing summer research scholarships and stuff.
Ties and competitions have nothing to do with it. If you want to do arts/music combined with medicine you need to pass an interview where you performance once you meet the criteria you will be accepted (You need an ATAR of 99.5+). I had a friend who did combined med/music and dropped medicine.

Tim035

HSC
Actually they have a lot to do with passing that interview.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)