Under Construction... (1 Viewer)

Tabris

HSC
Half the uni is being renovated, the Pathway from X5b to the courtyard between MACTH and C5C is blocked off, I checked the new pathway outside the ICT and maths block connecting science square to research park, its nothing new just concrete. DOes anyone know whats happening, why they are doing it/?

The new commerce block is finished, looks great, imo, i think they should do something about the main quad, they should create another pathway diagonally across, since theres large patches of dirt coz people step onto them.Also a few koalas and kookaburas(spelling?) on top of the gum trees wil add soemthing to the atmosphere

X

xeuyrawp

All I can tell is that they're putting in drains -- please tell me that they're not doing this just for drainage.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Better drainage = less water structural damage on the path = less chance of possible cracks = better path :)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
i saw the reconstruction to, when i went to uni yesterday...alil decoration wouldn't hurt either

more plants and ugly statues please

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
There are signs saying what they are doing, there is a purpose, something historical.

HSC
N/A
It's a little overenthusiastic to start building historical artifacts for future species to dig up, isn't it?

Intervene

HSC
They started this like when holidays started, maybe hoping it will be done by the time first semester starts? :)

X

xeuyrawp

The Nick said:
A sphinx would be a nice touch (maybe two, one Egyptian and one Greek)
The Greeks never made statues of their sphinx, probably because the only one was a baddy and generally unlucky. Can't remember his name, though.

But yes, I opt for more statues :D

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
on a related topic, where is our pool??? :angry:

HSC
N/A
iambored said:
Don't worry dearest! It's coming!

... just as soon as I flood the SAM building ;)

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
shoulda put a fountain in the main quad :p

Construction's started since last semester...Hopefully when we return in end Feb, everythings nice n clean n no more wind blowing visible dust :p

prusso

HSC
redoing the walkway, making sure its flat, smooth and new

its now called the macquarie walk

Phanatic

HSC
I believe it's called "Wally's Walk", some historical significance. It takes in the sites of the Uni as it winds around the buildings. Apparantly one of the governments (I'm assuming state) had historic grants available, and they expired soon, so the Uni put in the walk.

The pool is coming, but I can't remember when construction starts.

In the meantime, as glitterfairy suggest, wet toilet paper to clog up the bathroom sinks and by the time we get back, enjoy the SAM Atrium/Pool!

X

xeuyrawp

iambored said:
I'd love a pool. Well, I wouldn't personally, but I'd like to watch lots of cute uni students strutting around for water polo...

HSC
N/A
NOOOO, ball sports! *cringes*

I just want somewhere to swim around... preferably with cool lighting, as light goes all groovy underwater with the whole ripple/reflectio thing...

X

xeuyrawp

glitterfairy said:
NOOOO, ball sports! *cringes*

I just want somewhere to swim around... preferably with cool lighting, as light goes all groovy underwater with the whole ripple/reflectio thing...
Yep gotta love ball sports.

... And those sports where people throw spherical objects around ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)