UNCLE: 5 UAI points extra for rural/isolated students (1 Viewer)

clancy04

As many of you are aware, UNCLE offers 5 extra UAI points to selective, prospective rural/isolated students. This, of course, by no means guarantees an applicants acceptance. Regardless, does anybody know which other institutions offer such schemes? I am fairly certain USYD and UNSW do not offer any sort of concrete scheme [extraneous to EAS]; however, am particularly hopeful ANU does. Anything?

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
perhaps try asking in the threads of their universitys???

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Just like to point out that I remember hearing that the 4 extra points don't apply to combined degrees.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
^^correct.

I also heard it wasn't going to be given anymore, but I don't know the truth to this statement?

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
^^ Correct
From 2006 the 4 bonus points will not be given.

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
smegthehead said:
where did you find the info that it is going to be abolished?
If I remember correctly this guy from students services told me, as well as my careers advisor.

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
i heard about that too, but i cannot remember where

krabby_me

Footy Fan (go cats)
HSC
These extra points are given automatically if you go to a certain school arent they. You dont have to apply, however you can get even more points through EAS and SEAS.
Is that right.?

sorry about reopening the thread

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
if the system is still in place, no application is necessary. i dont know about EAS and SEAS.

if you are graduating 2010 the newcastle scheme will definitely be gone by then.

oh and you didnt reopen the thread, you brought it back from the dead. 12/04

Last edited:

Illmatic88

HSC
just a question about the bonus 4 points ... on the UNCLE site it says "the year the HSC is sat", and reading these posts about the point system being terminated, 2005 HSC graduates are still able to receive these bonus 4 points for single degrees right?? only HSC graduates from 2006 onwards dont receive?

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
dont know, if you have not been told the system is gone, its probly still there, if in doubt, call them

ace__3001

HSC
OK, according to http://www.newcastle.edu.au/service/equity/students/ruralandremoteareas.html
"Rural/Remote Entry Scheme - Bachelor of Medicine Course - This scheme allows applicants to the Bachelor of Medicine who are completing their Year 12 studies in a designated rural or remote location, to be considered for entry to the course if their UAI places them in the top 15 per cent of applicants eligible for a UAI."

And with regards to the canning the regional bonus, I don't know when you heard that but this is from a document dated 17 Aug 2005:
"The Board of Studies has confirmed that there is no longer an award known as the ‘Limited Higher School Certificate’. As such the wording of the Regional and Rural Bonus Scheme policy has been amended. This reference has been replaced with the term ‘Limited UAI’. The circumstances by which students may receive a ‘Limited UAI’ are consistent with past practise and are clearly outlined within the UAC Guide. Eligible students will continue to receive the Regional and Rural four bonus points."

Last edited:

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
i would not rely on our uni website atm, as they are undergoing a major update

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)