UNC Med (1 Viewer)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
the UNC Med interview offers should arrive today in the mail (goodluck everyone). i got mine...

very funny warning on the letter:
"you will be interviewed by a two-person panel consisted of a member of the academic staff of the Faculty of Health and a community representative. Please note, sometimes the interviewers are unable to agree on an assessment, in which case applicants are requested to undertake a second interview with a new panel immediately following the first. This possibility should be taken into account when making your travel arrangements."
:D

btw, does anyone know how long it takes to travel from Sydney to Newcastle by train? coz my interview is 11:30 in the morning :(

edit: btw, guys, the color of the UNC one is a very plain and ordinary white.

Last edited:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
im not sure how long it takes by train, i always drive it. look up the train company on the net (i forget their website) and they have a planner and it tells ya how long it should take and quickest ways and stuff

EDIT: go to here http://www.cityrail.info/fares/trip_planner.jsp# then click on the link

Last edited:

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
i checked... goddamn 2.5 hrs to Hamilton station... *grumbles*
now i gotta wake up at 5 in the morning... god i'm gonna look like a wreck that day...

edit: any ideas what to wear to this one? last time (at the UNSW interviews) i wore jeans and t-shirt, but i think this one might be a bit more formal/structured?

Last edited:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I too got one, this means number 3.

Haha Wen, I got 3 pm day after birthday (your formal). And I can drive there.

I think wearing a clean shirt and real pants should do it. Smart casual, so to speak.

Cody

HSC
N/A
yeah I was wondering what to wear also, thinking probably just a nice pair of pants and long sleeved shirt. 40 minutes sounds a bit long, what do you rekon they'll ask us?
Other than the standard " why do you want to do medicine?"

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
what i reckon should be worn for every interview, black dress pants and a button thru collared shirt...oh, and MAKE SURE THEIR IRONED!!!

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
Hey Lex, did you ask how many interviews they were giving out?

krn_boy

Originally posted by hipsta_jess
Newcastle Uni doesnt really have an abbreviation, so i think as long as you make it clear that what you are referring to is Newcastle Uni you should be fine
haha yeah. UNC actually refers to University of North Carolina.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
not cool at all....i hafta be at newcastle at 2pm for the interview and rush back to sydney, do my hair and clothes in time for the formal at 6.30 pm.....#^$@%&

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
omg, do u realise you wont even get back till like at least 4.30? how is it possible to get ready in 2 hours?

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
wt?! even if interview only takes 40 mins... that's 2:40.. u still won't be back by like.. 4:40.. no... not happening~...

is your interview like.. straightaway after hsc finishes? cuz mine's on 24th? i thinks... two weeks after hsc anyway.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
not possible i checked. the trip between central and hamilton station is about 2.5 hours. then you gotta change trains to two stops to get to Warabrook (University) station. its a twenty minute walk from one end of the campus to the other.

so yeah, it looks like a 5am wakey for me... the monday following the end of the HSC... >.<

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by krn_boy
haha yeah. UNC actually refers to University of North Carolina.
Take it in context. Nobody here cares about American Universities. :p Besides, stealing an acronym from the other hemisphere is better than keeping "UNCLE".

To Inasero: call, explain your situation, and pray that someone has cancelled their own interview.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
the thing is, it would sound sorta iffy if i rang up and said "oh im sorry i cant attend because my formal is on the same day" you know what I mean? Even thought it is true it doesn't give a good impression...but looks like I don't have a choice....

but lemme think lets say i finish at 2:40 and get to hamilton station by taxi 3.30 at the latest (allowing generous time)

i could get changed in the city with half an hour spare for the formal which is at martin place, but then the latest train i could catch from broadmeadow would be the 3:13pm....which i highly doubt is going to happen..

damn if i don't get an alternative date im pretty stuffed~

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by inasero
but lemme think lets say i finish at 2:40 and get to hamilton station by taxi 3.30 at the latest (allowing generous time)
omg, i take it your not familiar with newcastle? there is NO way it would take nearly an hour to get from the uni to hamilton..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)