it's a short story and i'm 2,500 words in
and all of a sudden
BANG
i've hit this huge wall of NO IDEAS
NO IDEA WHERE IM GOING
NO IDEA HOW TO GET MY POINT ACROSS
and i've realised maybe the intention/point of my story IS CRAP
stuck stuck stuck!
any assistance? anyone in a similar predicament?

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
Three and a half months kattty.

Also three and a half months of the busiest times we will probably have this year apart from the HSC; we have to hand it in in the middle of our trials.

But yeah, best of luck - figure out what you liked about your concept and maybe evolve it. I wouldn't change at this stage but if you've absolutely no where else to turn... there's always that option.

lacklustre

HSC
Sometimes it's not your idea that may be poor. Writers are their own worst enemies sometimes.

chopsticks0209

HSC
at least you've started it XD

my teacher has given me no help at ALL. he just sits there and looks at me and expects me to regurgitate all this stuff that i don't know. worse still, i'm doing a critical analysis and i've only seen the teacher about five times in the whole YEAR and i'm only just beginning. [btw, anyone that can help me out, it would be VERY much appreciated.]

it makes you wonder how quick the year's gone by and all the time you've wasted huh...

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
yeah.

On another note, if I went back to year 7 I would like to take an approach that this person did who wrote the answer in my sig.

'Course, not in Year 11, like he did. Ha ha.

Just relaaax and evolve your concept.

GET FREE

HSC
kthxbambi, this isn't the only time its going to happen.
I've hit so many writer's blocks this past 5 months I could probably build a friggin house out of them.

You're probably like me: I can write in a short period of time and all the ideas will just flow and come out into writing, but then after a bit the flow stops and I hate all my previous ideas and I can't write anymore.
In 2 or 3 weeks' time it happens again, and I czan pick up where I left off and the idead flow again. It's a cycle, and again I'll hit the block, and again the ideas will come back.

If you seriously think what you've written is total shit, leave it and come back later. Like say, 2 weeks and pick it up then. Write in a stream of thought and then tie them all together later.

Just chillax at the moment, I swear to God you won't suffer a colossal failure, you've just hit a bump, but you'll be right in a bit.

jordankuai22

HSC
kthxbambi said:
I am so unbelieveably stuck with my EE2
it's a short story and i'm 2,500 words in
and all of a sudden
BANG
i've hit this huge wall of NO IDEAS
NO IDEA WHERE IM GOING
NO IDEA HOW TO GET MY POINT ACROSS
and i've realised maybe the intention/point of my story IS CRAP
stuck stuck stuck!
any assistance? anyone in a similar predicament?
i hope you fail
haha

Sadiah

HSC
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Your so meann!

Lol, even though I have no idea whatsoever about what your doing..All i can say is..Good luck =)

Lol sorry for the helplessness =)
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
jordankuai22 said:
i hope you fail
haha

seano77

Walk On
HSC
Read your story in one sitting to get a picture of where you are (or where) going.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)