UMAT (1 Viewer)

Dr Acula

HSC
Hi, sorry for my ignorance on the subject, I just cant seem to find the answer, i dont really understand how the UMAT is scored, the university im looking at says you need a 50+ in each section, is this raw mark or is it percentile or something, could someone please help? :)

iMAN2

HSC
N/A
You will receive your results back as a percentile and as a raw score.

Depending on the university, UMAT is a hurdle - say getting 50 (raw) in all three sections. Other uni's like UNSW or UWS, they will add up your raw marks for each section (they may weight some sections less than others depending on the university), and then rank you with other applicants.

Dr Acula

HSC
The university i am applying to is UNE Joint Medical Program, someone who got in last year told me that you need over 50 in each section, I just dont know how UMAT results go, is that percentile or raw? Whats the score for each section?

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
its 50 raw in each section. percentiles arent really used at all for anything. its just for you to see how well you did compared to those in your cohort.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
It's 50 in each section (not raw, it's scaled from other years), and then you're ranked on your section one score.

Dr Acula

HSC
But how much is each section worth? How many points that is?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
But how much is each section worth? How many points that is?
It doesn't really matter because they scale each question anyways. Just do the best you can.

And each section is of equal weighting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)