umat? stat? what the? (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey ppl, im like....SO LOST ATM!!! i wanna do pharmacy or dentistry at uni...mostly dent, but i hav no idea about this umat and stat thingo, i hear i hav to do stat for phar, and umat for dent....i was looking at some questions...and i was lost!!! i couldn’t answer one, am i stuffed?...inno for sure i will stuff up umat....but inno i can get a uai of 90+.....if i stuff umat and stat up....can i still make it into those courses...as in, thru hsc?
I’ve been reading the umat n stat threads...and i still dun get it -_-, can someone please explain that also
THANKS!:)

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
STAT is used as an additional criterion in relation to Pharmacy admission; it's also used for mature age students to gain admission into bachelor degrees. UMAT is used for both Medicine and Dentistry entry. STAT is basic year 11 (some HSC) knowledge. However, UMAT on the other hand is a whole different ball game.

Dentistry is super-competitive, I mean this seriously! It's probably the most competitive bachelor degree to gain admission.

Edit: Eh, I see what you did there.

Just because it's highly competitive doesn't mean you can't to dentistry; hard work is required. I realized my post may of insinuated something but honestly, it was not my intention to do so.

Good luck with it all sanjeevprasad99! ;)

Last edited:

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
sanjeevprasad99 said:
hey ppl, im like....SO LOST ATM!!! i wanna do pharmacy or dentistry at uni...mostly dent, but i hav no idea about this umat and stat thingo, i hear i hav to do stat for phar, and umat for dent....i was looking at some questions...and i was lost!!! i couldn’t answer one, am i stuffed?...inno for sure i will stuff up umat....but inno i can get a uai of 90+.....if i stuff umat and stat up....can i still make it into those courses...as in, thru hsc?
I’ve been reading the umat n stat threads...and i still dun get it -_-, can someone please explain that also
THANKS!:)
That really hurt my eyes.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
There are always other ways to get in other than through the HSC. That's my main stress reliever when I'm in doubt.

HSC
Thanks ppl for ur reply
ermm, one more thing...about gamset...i hav to do that as well right....for being a dentist, n doing it at syd uni
so...for the courses i wanna get into....i will hav to do all 3 tests........crap, that might cost a lot esp doin medentry n stuff -_-

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
sanjeevprasad99 said:
Thanks ppl for ur reply
ermm, one more thing...about gamset...i hav to do that as well right....for being a dentist, n doing it at syd uni
so...for the courses i wanna get into....i will hav to do all 3 tests........crap, that might cost a lot esp doin medentry n stuff -_-
ok.
i dont know much about this..[ive never been caring and compassionate enough to consider caring for poeple as a vocation..]
but i'm pretty sure GAMSAT is for mature aged students... who seek graduate entry.

UMAT is $150, unless you're covered under centrelink.. [$60]..
and i think medentry was last holidays... though there might be another course session these holidays.. [and there you're looking at $500??.. others say its 300.. some say 800..
bah.]

goodluckkkk.
i mightsee u at the testing centre in july ;)
i did some test q's and they click with me...
i'm scared to do the test bc if i went well[and succeeded in interviews..].. ... i'd con myself into doing medicine...
and people like me shouldnt be doctors haha..
[but hopefully people like me would be weeeded out in interviews.
:)

redom

HSC
I think to do those ultra competitive type courses a 90ish UAI wont be enough if you dont do well in UMAT or stat, but i in saying that, i wouldnt give up all hope of doing bad at UMAT, practice does help!! just look up the requirements for dentistry on the uni websites, they usually have a UAI cutoff and info there....goodluck sanjay! youd make a better doctor/dentist/pharmacist then me:p

jaaaaay

HSC
bringbackshred said:
That really hurt my eyes.
stop spamming sam. xD

i think im going to try stat and umat... despite the fact i have no interest whatsoever in doing medicine... keeping my options open...

shoe-gal45

HSC
Hey,

Just looking for a bit of advice, I don;'t really have any idea what to do after school, but with bridging courses etc I am thinking I could possibly do medicine, should I do the UMAT just in case??

Ta

jaaaaay

HSC
shoe-gal45... i have no intention of doing medicine, but im doing it =]

keep your options open!

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
what do you mean when you say its for 'mature-aged students' with reference to the STAT? Friend mentioned the same thing but not quite sure what he was talkin bout.

what is GAMSAT?...i wastold that it's done when you wish to transfer from lets say medical science to like medicince or something?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)