Umat Section 3 - Hints ? (1 Viewer)

tristambrown

HSC
Does anyone have any techniques other than "practice" to approach the "find-a-shape" questions in the umat ?

eg this q here http://www.superkeeneye.com/trial/question9.jsp?frmLaunch=true

The regular shape problems i've realised that you can easily approach them with the idea of simple rotation or inversion of both the object in question and it's satellites, though not necessarily in the same direction, to complete and arrange the series.

These maze "findashape" questions however are killing me ! They remind me of being in year 4 and having lazy teachers hand out find-a-words instead of comming up with actual lesson plans - I couldnt do them then and dont seem to be able to do this now :/ ... at least with findawords you could simply scan for every word's starting letter individually then, on finding one, check immediate surrounds for the second & third letters in the word ...

any tips greatly appreciated :)

thanks all

Tristam

Hurri

HSC
dude, there's no more of those find a shape questions in the UMAT. It's purely sequence type questions now. Have you got this year's UMAT information booklet and practice questions?

tristambrown

HSC
Sweet I still have a chance at med then lol. Thanks heaps guys.

re Hurri - yes I do have this years practice q's, they arrived today but dont seem to have enough questions to reliably "practice on" ..hence the quest for more questions & the discovery of those nasty findashapes.

thanks again :)

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
He may want to get practise in before the Umat test, a couple of years practise.
Is a stupid idea. All the practice you need can be fit in one year.

To much people graphically challenged eh?
Too easy to practice for.

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
All this is still speculation, as this should be the first UMAT without these shapes. But if so, they'll probably be replaced with your IQ-type sequence and pattern questions.

Last edited:

Hurri

HSC
Yep, all sequence and IQ types.

I don't think its stupid if he wants to start a year early. He can be just chipping away doing a hour a week and by the time the real things comes round, he should be owning it. Good for him if he can stick to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)