UMAT Scaling (1 Viewer)

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
Hmmm, im curious.
i know ACER dont release any details about the scaling about the scores in UMAT, but has anyone worked out any vague/rough way they scale it? and is s1 or s2 more important?

Dream Meteor

HSC
Thats a good question actually, except it will be different this year because of the questions (and time) they've added to section 2 and section 3.

In my year when I sat it (2008), some guy apparently ended up with 108 with section 1, section 2 got around 100 marks, and full marks for section 3 was 95.

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
true, do you think there'll be any major changes to the style of question due to the extended format of s2/s3?

Dream Meteor

HSC
Well the thing is only ACER will know for sure if there will be changes. I would say it is not likely because what actually happens is that once in a few years, they will put in new style questions in the exam somewhere but according to MedEntry these new questions dont count towards your final score. ACER is just experimenting with the new styles and see how it is being taken up by people.

But you can never be too sure. When I wrote questions for MedEntry in 2008, they said that logical games style questions are no longer needed for section 1 UMAT, because ACER isnt putting any of them in for 2009. But turned out they did. So dont worry about if it is going to have any major changes - if it will impact on you, it will impact on others. I'd just focus on improving my technique and building my confidence.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
Hmmm, im curious.
i know ACER dont release any details about the scaling about the scores in UMAT, but has anyone worked out any vague/rough way they scale it? and is s1 or s2 more important?
no section is more important than the other. a 95 in s1=95 in s2=95 in s3. its ur total that counts and the sections arent scaled according to difficulty even if one section is evidently much more difficult than another.
ACER are really a bunch of nut cases and just stand to make money from the whole UMAT business even though their site says they are a "not-for-profit" organisation.

whoisthis

HSC
N/A
ACER are really a bunch of nut cases and just stand to make money from the whole UMAT business even though their site says they are a "not-for-profit" organisation.
huh? how is this a reflection of their supposed obsession with money? yes they are very secretive but i don't understand how that relates...

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Thats a good question actually, except it will be different this year because of the questions (and time) they've added to section 2 and section 3.

In my year when I sat it (2008), some guy apparently ended up with 108 with section 1, section 2 got around 100 marks, and full marks for section 3 was 95.
At Medentry they told us the top mark ever scored in Section 2 was 89.

Dream Meteor

HSC
huh? how is this a reflection of their supposed obsession with money? yes they are very secretive but i don't understand how that relates...
Lol. I think FreshOffTheBoat is just expressing his dislike of Acer, thats all.

whoisthis

HSC
N/A
hmmm i think it's much higher. i really question how they would even know. prep courses always give out dodgey info like that and claim they know everything.

i've seen much higher marks for the other sections so i doubt there would be that much discrepancy among the 3.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
Lol. I think FreshOffTheBoat is just expressing his dislike of Acer, thats all.
yep. they have no idea what they are doing imo and making people pay 160 bucks to sit the exam is fraud. its not some hardcore written exam where they have to have markers read+mark it. they put it thru a machine and out comes the results. its like doing one of those competitions in high school except you have to do this one in order to get into med and ACER take advantage of this knowing that people would pay the price.

medentry tell people a lot of bs. a girl in my year got 95 for s2. medentry make it seem like they are on good terms with ACER but they dont know shit. they make the stuff up so it seems like ur money is being well spent. most people just take their word for it and there really is no way of checking it since ACER is like the CIA in terms of keeping information confidential.

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
yep. they have no idea what they are doing imo and making people pay 160 bucks to sit the exam is fraud. its not some hardcore written exam where they have to have markers read+mark it. they put it thru a machine and out comes the results. its like doing one of those competitions in high school except you have to do this one in order to get into med and ACER take advantage of this knowing that people would pay the price.

medentry tell people a lot of bs. a girl in my year got 95 for s2. medentry make it seem like they are on good terms with ACER but they dont know shit. they make the stuff up so it seems like ur money is being well spent. most people just take their word for it and there really is no way of checking it since ACER is like the CIA in terms of keeping information confidential.
+1 and +1

and its $200 to sit the exam now, ridiculous. and theyre being cheap with the practice exams too, theyve made it into ebook format to save money on printing & postage

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
+1 and +1

and its $200 to sit the exam now, ridiculous. and theyre being cheap with the practice exams too, theyve made it into ebook format to save money on printing & postage
what ebook? for the actual ACER umat?

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
Nah the official questions.
hahaha. wow, that is so cheap. but then i guess its easier for people to pirate and resell. just somehow hack into the encoding and copy paste it. much easier to distribute than the booklets which could only be scanned page by page lol. im sure a computer wiz somewhere will be able to do it. teach ACER a lesson.

whoisthis

HSC
N/A
hahaha. wow, that is so cheap. but then i guess its easier for people to pirate and resell. just somehow hack into the encoding and copy paste it. much easier to distribute than the booklets which could only be scanned page by page lol. im sure a computer wiz somewhere will be able to do it. teach ACER a lesson.
haha i think it's quite the opposite. makes piracy harder.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
I believe you or a certain friend of yours know an encoding which can actually hack into the system. Didn't you somehow get access to Medentry resources?

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
I believe you or a certain friend of yours know an encoding which can actually hack into the system. Didn't you somehow get access to Medentry resources?
lol i do have a copy of them. dunno how he got them tho. its quite widely distributed i think. heaps of ppl were selling them at one point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)