UMAT Results (1 Viewer)

ocatal

HSC
Somewhere on the internet is a table for UNSW which shows the required umat and atar scores needed for an interview offer. Like it has 96 atar then the required umat score, then 97 atar, and the respective umat score, etc. I can't find it anymore!! If you find this table, inbox me the link. Cheers
Untitled.jpg

Here it is..

EDIT: The UMAT score is the average of the 3 sections.

Last edited:

Medman

HSC
Overall quite disappointed in my results, when I practiced S2 was always always my strongest and I seriously don't understand how I'm in the bottom 25% for section 2. Anyways it's over now, do you guys think I have any chance at any unis with these results? Preferably in NSW (ie. UNSW, UWS or UNCLE), but looking at other ones now as well.

S1: 59
S2: 52
S3: 65
total score: 176
percentile: 87%

no idea about atar, will probably get an estimate from school soon. Thanks!
Depending on your ATAR both UNSW and UWS are interview offers are possible. If you smash your interview you'll definitely get an offer for medicine. Better start practicing interviews.

s1: 64
s2: 54
s3: 53

overall: 171
percentile: 81

any chances for an offer? estimate atar is 99.4
Usually percentile cut off is around 85% for UWS if you live in GWS. Depends on how many people apply etc.

Last edited:

rothrules96

HSC
What unis do u think i can get an interview for
percentile:90
overall score: 180

atar estimate around 97

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
I found this slab of text on BOS a while ago and might be useful to some...

UMAT/ATAR requirements for MBBS interviews in NSW universities (based on last year):

UWS:
UMAT: For 2011, you needed a weighted score of at least 149 for a GWS student. For a non-GWS student, you need a weighted score of ~156. A weighted score is Section 1 + Section 2 + (0.5 x Section 3).
ATAR: 95.50+ for Non-GWS (Greater Western Sydney) student OR 93.50+ for a GWS student. This is a cut-off that you need to pass. No difference between a 96 and 99.95 ATAR for UWS. If you want to know if you are in GWS, go here: http://www.uws.edu.au/medicine/som/applying_to_medicine/mbbs

UNCLE/UNE:
UMAT: To qualify, you need a score of 50+ in each section. After that, interviews are given based on section 1 scores. For 2011, cut-off was around 58 at UNCLE. Not sure about UNE.
ATAR: 94.30+

UNSW:
UMAT/ATAR: UNSW takes both into account. Here's the general table for it:
UMAT ATAR
54 99.95
56 99.5
59 99.0
64 98.0
67 97.0
70 96.0
Median ATAR is around 99.50. Also, take into account only a handful of people under 99 ATAR get passed interviews.

Medman

HSC
What unis do u think i can get an interview for
percentile:90
overall score: 180

atar estimate around 97
UWS, UNE

Median ATAR is around 99.50. Also, take into account only a handful of people under 99 ATAR get passed interviews.
Students don't understand the importance of interviews and are also naive to the fact that they can do well without training. They also don't realise it's something you can significantly improve in a matter of days to weeks although ideally I would suggest months of training.

I am offering interview training (1 to 1 and also as a group) so if you are serious about medicine drop me a message.

Last edited:

sabrelord3

HSC
s1: 64
s2: 62
s3: 65
percentile: 96
Quite happy really. Now just targetting my atar.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for the quick reply Riproot. How are my chances at UWS?
It's hard to say at this stage since the scores are different from last year, but your weighted score is 144.5
so it's not looking good
I was one of the last to get an interview last year with a score of 151.5 GWS :/

vikavish

HSC
S1: 62
S2: 58
S3: 58
total score: 178
percentile: 88%

I would love to get into UWS med, as it is close to my house and the program seems really appealing.
What are my chances?

Medman

HSC
S1: 62
S2: 58
S3: 58
total score: 178
percentile: 88%

I would love to get into UWS med, as it is close to my house and the program seems really appealing.
What are my chances?

You should be on the cut off point for the interview offers. Interview counts for 2/3 of the entry requirements so as long as you do better than 80% of candidates in the interview you should be fine. I offer interview training 1 to 1 and workshops, for any interested candidates. I've helped quite a few students get into UNSW, UWS, USYD and other unis for medicine and dentistry.

Last edited:

adeena

HSC
I really need a group for medentry for UMAT 2014. If interested please inform me.

adeena

HSC
I need a group for med entery. Is anyone interested.

hayabusaboston

HSC
damn no post from hayabusaboston yet
99th percentile. But im reconsidering medicine, dont think I'll enjoy being a doctor.

Too much tedious work for me, as Ive said in other threads, im now considering acting, and going to hollywood. And dont you laugh! Thats my dream. To be the next Robin Williams.

Last edited:

hayabusaboston

HSC
damn no post from hayabusaboston yet
Hey which school u from btw SSJ2? And ur names Sai right? At Hurlstone ag (rank 21 I think) there's a Sai A, he's doing same subs as you, and same rank iirc, are you him? Hes got 99.95 estimate haha. There's actually a shitload of people at hurlstone with really huge predictions, lots of 99+'ers, suprising for rank 21

Last edited:

Medman

HSC
99th percentile. But im reconsidering medicine, dont think I'll enjoy being a doctor.

Too much tedious work for me, as Ive said in other threads, im now considering acting, and going to hollywood. And dont you laugh! Thats my dream. To be the next Robin Williams.
Do it! Medicine is tedious but if you think acting isn't tedious you are mistaken. It will be worse than medicine but you'll be making a lot more if you break through.

Last edited:

RandyMarsh

HSC
S1: 53
S2: 60

Overall: 177
88th percentile

UWS weighted score: 145.5

Do I have any chance for UWS?

hayabusaboston

HSC
Yeh it is me. My predicted ATAR was highly overestimated; I think this happened to many people cos our school doesn't get a lot of 99+'ers - nevertheless we do get very good atars. I think there were like 20 ppl with 99+ estimates.
Haha really? sai maan you're doing so good! :D My brother has told me all about your brilliant exploits at HAHS, and how you're smashing everyone in just everything lol. Your English is also amazing for HAHS :) 20 people with 99's? Thats pretty awesome! Well done on 98 percentile too man, you're 100% into medicine haha.
Im somewhat surprised that you're on BoS, didnt think you the kind of person who'd go on here, let alone a person who'd be into DBZ haha.

Medman

HSC
Haha really? sai maan you're doing so good! :D My brother has told me all about your brilliant exploits at HAHS, and how you're smashing everyone in just everything lol. Your English is also amazing for HAHS :) 20 people with 99's? Thats pretty awesome! Well done on 98 percentile too man, you're 100% into medicine haha.
Im somewhat surprised that you're on BoS, didnt think you the kind of person who'd go on here, let alone a person who'd be into DBZ haha.
My friend got 99 percentile for UMAT and 99.90 ATAR. No UNSW med offer because he bombed his interview. Don't be complacent go practice interviews.

Medman

HSC
S1: 53
S2: 60

Overall: 177
88th percentile

UWS weighted score: 145.5

Do I have any chance for UWS?
According to last year's figures no. But the marks aren't indicative as there are variations between the bell curve year to year. You'll be near the cut-off point on either side who will know until they release offers.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)