• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

:) UMAT ~~ I'd like some knowledge! :) All past UMATTERS welcome! :) (1 Viewer)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
LottoX said:
Expect to feel exhausted most of Year 12. Although I didn't really do much, there's heaps of drain from pressure.

Perhaps you can sneak in through awesome UMAT, just like I did. =)
*shrug*.. uni sometimes feels like HSC every few months for me

long days now..

xxJTxx

HSC
Yer. I'm getting used to the exhaustion. I just need to remember to focus on assessment tasks over H/W and the other little topic tests and etc. :D

Thanks for all the help guys! :)

aussiechica7

HSC
Hey check this link out about what kind of marks you need to get into med (lol I feel weird quoting myself but ok)...

http://www.medstudentsonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1806&hl=

also, EVERYONE who is interested in getting into med/dent should sign up to MSO and check it at least once a week. (i'm not a moderator or a "forum whore" or anything i just think it will REALLY help- def helped me :))

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
LottoX said:
You're fifth on post count. Forum whore. Just joking.

Haha, yeah, useful site.
GODDAMMIT.. she knocked me off 5th!?

xxJTxx

HSC
hehe just signed up to medstudents online. i hope this board stays alive with more people who need help with umat prep courses and the like. ill probably make another way in the future when i find out more about unis and have questions in that area.

one last thing. im most concerned with uai + umat at the moment. when do interviews come into the equation? I get an "interview guide" with my medentry package, but i hope i have some time to prepare, esp cause you dont get access to your medentry stuff after the umat day?

evy

HSC
hey,
in the same boat as JT, ive heard bout Icarus and medEntry but don't know which is best btw theyre all really expensive!!! so anyone wanting to go in on the discount, im in for it!.
so yeah, if anyone can vouch for Icarus ild love to know.
evy

xxJTxx

HSC
Icarus? Haven't heard of them, but just saw their website. They seem a bit pricey with lowest package on 335$. But then the course I want to do at MedEntry with the careers teacher discount is $475. Icarus seems much the same as MedEntry..but their lowest valued package is a lot cheaper.

Hrm? Should I too be considering Icarus over MedEntry? I had my heart set on MedEntry, was in fact going to sign up next Friday for it as well >.<

aussiechica7

HSC
icarus = dallas.

u know my personal (i.e. non-mso) opinion on that.

its about $100 difference... go for the good stuff :)

(and u don't need 2 worry about interviews til september at the earliest)

xxJTxx

HSC
Icarus = Dallas. Yep. Forgot that lol, just looked at that PM again.

so premed = nie or whatever, and they are also in trouble from medentry?

"MedEntry has launched legal action in the Federal Court of Australia against Dallas Gibson (of Icarus College & PreMed)" - from MedEntry webbie.

Oh well.

Who cares, I'm just going to settle for MedEntry. Based on what the very helpful people on this thread have said as well as some other people who have commented on it personally, I am going for that one. Will sign up at the end of next week, just want to get through this next week and two days of school, then start slotting "UMAT Practice" into my schedule :)

Oh and yes, not really thinking bout interviews yet then. :D this is goooood. i hope i get some interviews somewhere though. perhaps i need a backup plan if i dont get into med anywhere...eh to that. chasing my dream is my priority.

xxJTxx

HSC
AMEPP?

Who has done this course?

What do you have to say about it?

Compare to MedEntry if you can....:)

I have ruled Icarus out entirely now.

Well..I filled out a "more information" form for AMEPP at some guy called me a bit over an hour ago. He was just telling me how it was all good because it was all hard copies and how you can do the exams as many times as you want because of that. Also, they offer fully worked solutions to the papers ACER offers people to buy.

I'm still torn between MedEntry and AMEPP. Its really between:
Doing it on a computer VS doing it on paper.

??????? HELP!

Last edited:

Dsquall

HSC
Hmm i'm another one of those unlucky ppl that have to do the stupid HSC this year =( i was just wondering if doing ext 1 english is worth it if i do like ext 2 maths ext 1 maths adv. eng chem , phys i was playing around with the SAM calculator and it seems like a waste of time.
On a side note are those Medentry classes worth going to?

Dsquall

HSC
Hmm it does seem bad =( but isn't it better to have a backup subject?

Dsquall

HSC
Lol you sound like you've got experience i'll drop it first thing tommorow =). thanks for that perspective cause revenge tragedy is really, really, really bad. How many people made med in NSB last year?

Dsquall

HSC
Lol maths is so much better than english much more logical =) and better weighting. Btw for the sam calculator for 1 unit subject do you hve to put in a number out of 50 or 100 o_O? N Medentry is the best yeah?

xxJTxx

HSC
You could all be MedEntry agents, but I've been told by one person who has PM'ed me a few times that they aren't..so I trust them lol..

So no comments on AMEPP? I'm talking to that guy I know who did it tonight (a friend of a friend)...I figure, if he still has the stuff, I could like buy them off him or look at them at least to see if its worth choosing over MedEntry. But I need to decide soon..I want to start practicing at least 2hrs a week or so.

And I do Ext 1 Eng and Ext 2 Eng. Revenge Tragedy doesn't do it for you? I think it's amazing. I love the study of genre so much. I just think its fascinating how even though the genres accepted conventions may be a "framework"...composers still can stick them but still make their texts so amazingly creative.

I'll probably be dropping EE2 though. 13u's is just too many. I like 2u maths, I hate (HATE HATE HATE HATE) 3u atm. But I guess thats just because we haven't done enough of the HSC course yet to know. Nearly finished the 2u course though. :)

:) I wish I chose chem over business :( I regret that every day. I can't believe I changed my mind so much that I was over the humanities and interested in health and science. Moles. They can't expect us to know what we want to do when we are in year 10! :burn:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)