UMAT Courses (1 Viewer)

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
Mutationis said:
just came back from the course. absolute CRAP!!!! i felt like i just flushed $439 down the toilet. for a 9 hour course, it's hard to believe how little we got through. so much time was spent on Section 1 that we only touched on Section 2 and didn't even look at Section 3. when going through eg. questions of Section 1, Dallas spent soooooo much time asking us to explain which answer we picked and why. and after that he just said the answer and moved on. where's the explaination and instruction on how to look at the question?!? at least we got to do a practice exam. otherwise it would've been a complete waste. and Dallas is the most patronising person i have ever met. what a DICKHEAD!!! his assistant made him out to be some great man that was passionate about helping us pass but really he's just passionate about money. no materials (sheets and the like) received what so ever. what did my money go into? probably his airfares... and whenever anyone tried asking questions about the test he was like "look at me, hold my hand. i wanna be a doctor". IDIOT!!! for anyone out there planning in the future (whenever that may be) to do a UMAT course, DON'T DO ICARUS COLLEGE (a.k.a. DALLAS). you are bound to perish in the sea just like what it's named after.... gotta go order ACER question books!
brings back memories :(

Dallas made me not want to do medicine ever again!!

aussiechica7

HSC
basically its contentious- some ppl think umat prep helps and some think it doesn't.

i took the umat twice. medentry helped me 2nd round. my 0.02

aussiechica7

HSC
"hey look i could've spent an extra $1000 or whatever on a prep course and have gotten a csp unbonded place, but whatever, i didn't have the money at the time ok? i got into med and that's all that matters"
-friend of mine who got a full fee unsw med place (her parents r paying for it). i mean, good on her for getting in! especially with no prep! but right now looking back, she wishes she could have had the practice those questions provide. its easy 2 say "i don't need it" now, its a lot harder to look back and say "wow, i should've taken the extra precaution, now i'm stuck with dfee med or 1st yr biomed/whatever". btw her equivalent uai was 99.35 and her umat 174... a few extra umat points and she quite possibly could've gotten a csp place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)