Ugly Betty (US airings) (1 Viewer)

persephone

HSC
This is my favourite new show. This will air on channel 7 next year.

Starring America Ferrera (The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants) and Eric Mabius (that evil dean from The OC).

Daniel Meade (Eric Mabius) is awesome. I so ship Betty/Daniel.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
lol Betty/Daniel romantically? If only.
oh and Betty's sister's ex-husband (or boyfriend?) is hotter than Daniel :p

persephone

HSC
Santos? Nope. Daniel >Santos.

I just watched their Christmas ep "Fake Plastic Snow" and that had awesome Daniel/Betty scenes.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
nooo way, Santos > Daniel. Or actually, Henry > Santos > Daniel. :)
and how annoying is Walter ? Henry better become a regular :/

persephone

HSC
Henry's awesome. And Christopher Gorham who plays him I've liked ever since Popular and then Jake 2.0, Medical Investiagtion and then Out of Practice (that sit com that was on channel ten for like 3 weeks or something). I think Henry is going to be a regular.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Is his sitcom still on right now or has it been axed like the other 10 shows he's starred in? I saw some of it on 10, it wasn't too bad. Still prefer him as hot-geek Henry though. And I've loved him since I saw him in Felicity :D

persephone

HSC
Yeah, like everything he's been in has been axed. I don't think ten are showing Out of Practice anymore. It was pretty funny.

He was in Felicity? Really?

Robbeh

HSC
I saw the preview while watching the cricket and wondered, "Is this going to be like the Princess' Diaries - and she gradually gets a makeover (by season 2)?"

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
omg get rid of walter <3 henry. Season one only got 10 eps?

i agree about henry > santos > daniel.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
persephone said:
He was in Felicity? Really?
Yeah he was in Felicity for a bit in the last season, played Ben's lab partner at college.. he eventually dated Elena as well.

Robbeh said:
I saw the preview while watching the cricket and wondered, "Is this going to be like the Princess' Diaries - and she gradually gets a makeover (by season 2)?"
Nope.. she did the whole makeover thing in the 3rd or 4th ep but it was nothing. It's actually about her being "ugly" in the fashion journalism biz.

sukiyaki said:
Season one only got 10 eps?
It's on break over the xmas period. Probably back in January sometime.

HSC
omg i have just managed to cram watching all d eps dat r out into like a day lol, ma bf has been waiting to get the whole season for me once it had aired. but i was to impatient, but it was so worth it is like the BEST tv show!! i cant stop watching it lol

HSC
n i agree, some d guys r pretty good looking, n walter is annoying.

have you guys watched The Devil Wears Prada? coz Ugly Betty is just that basically, but in tv series format lol

Telekinetik

ça m'a fait du bien
HSC
Henry is awesome. Henry/Betty = OTP.

I just watched the episode that aired on the 5th, and all I can say is that it seemed like a filler episode to me.

dead cactus

captain tightpants
HSC
LittleMissSara said:
n i agree, some d guys r pretty good looking, n walter is annoying.

have you guys watched The Devil Wears Prada? coz Ugly Betty is just that basically, but in tv series format lol
there are heaps of similarities for sure, but ugly betty is based on a columbian show that is about a decade old so it's no DWP rip off! Both are great to watch though, so any similarities are ok by me, lol

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Telekinetik said:
Henry is awesome. Henry/Betty = OTP.

I just watched the episode that aired on the 5th, and all I can say is that it seemed like a filler episode to me.
Yeah it was ok but annoying cos it didn't continue on with the Henry/Betty storyline..
I read somewhere this was supposed to be ep 4 but it got pushed back so the holiday eps (halloween, xmas & thanksgiving) could be aired in time then they had to make it a "flashback" ep.

persephone

HSC
I didn't there was a new ep yet. But yeah that ep was filmed ages ago. So they made it a flashback ep? I might not download it until next week so I have 2 Ugly Betty eps to watch.

Telekinetik

ça m'a fait du bien
HSC
Annegelic said:
Yeah it was ok but annoying cos it didn't continue on with the Henry/Betty storyline..
I read somewhere this was supposed to be ep 4 but it got pushed back so the holiday eps (halloween, xmas & thanksgiving) could be aired in time then they had to make it a "flashback" ep.
Ooo. Thanks for the info. I figured it was meant to be an earlier episode, because they didn't continue the newer storylines.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
argh just watched 1.12 and still no Henry/Betty continuation. Heaps good twist in this ep though, didn't expect it at all...

persephone

HSC
I just watched it. No Henry. But Sofia! I'm so happy that Sofia wasn't just being Sofia. I'm glad she had an ulterior motive.

F

fnergance

Ugly Betty !!!

Whos looking forward to watching this on Channel 7 this year?

It won best comedy at the golden globe awards and also best actress in a comedy series. I think this series really deserves to be seen as it is sending a positive image to everyone out there and also nothing that beauty is skin deep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)