UCAT vs school (1 Viewer)

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
It’s okay, private uni with a heavy focus on Catholicism which is fine for most ppl but annoying for some. Also bach of med/surgery (assuming ur looking at jcu) is another way of saying doctor of med but only for undergraduates. So this might be 5 years. But a doctor of med is a postgraduate course, u need to have completed another Bach degree before this. It’s normally 3-4 yrs
oh what rlly? so all undergrad is always bach?

mandemindiguise

HSC
Yes. Undergrad med is either Bach med or Bach med sci/doctor med (straight transition from Bach to postgrad without any exam, like at usyd)
i hear usyd doesnt require a ucat, does that mean they also require an interview? or is it just solely based on your atar? for med

nsw..wollongong

HSC
i hear usyd doesnt require a ucat, does that mean they also require an interview? or is it just solely based on your atar? for med
Yeah that’s right they consider only atar, but obv that demands an extremely high cutoff. They also need panel interviews (offers already rolled out), THEN u get an offer to study

jxu0

HSC
Yeah they need a high atar with rlly high ucat (they consider best scores in the verbal reasoning section) plus do well in interviews

Not really a high atar esp in comparison to USYD.

WSU, you need a ATAR 96 or above, they dont care about your atar. They just want you to have a cracked UCAT esp VR section has to be good and then yeah interview ofc. But it def is one of the more doable approaches. Also if you like in greater western Sydney region, you get the atar cut off lowered from 96 asw iirc.

nsw..wollongong

HSC
Not really a high atar esp in comparison to USYD.

WSU, you need a ATAR 96 or above, they dont care about your atar. They just want you to have a cracked UCAT esp VR section has to be good and then yeah interview ofc. But it def is one of the more doable approaches. Also if you like in greater western Sydney region, you get the atar cut off lowered from 96 asw iirc.
yeah ofc, thats their published atar, i was just talking abt 2024 admissions from ppl i know. a lot of ppl with 98+ atar and 3000+ ucat didn't even get interviews, but they got interviews at unsw fsr

jxu0

HSC
yeah ofc, thats their published atar, i was just talking abt 2024 admissions from ppl i know. a lot of ppl with 98+ atar and 3000+ ucat didn't even get interviews, but they got interviews at unsw fsr
yeah must of been their VR section that was lacking

jxu0

HSC
also getting an interview at UNSW with a 98 atar or near there is very unusual its usually minium 99.5 to even be offered generally in past years unless

nsw..wollongong

HSC
also getting an interview at UNSW with a 98 atar or near there is very unusual its usually minium 99.5 to even be offered generally in past years unless
idk they were interstate students, ucat was very high tho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)