nixon3

HSC
yee got it today...haha

hope some others on this forum got one aswell

elmo rox!! :D

HSC
congrats
if you have read this thread at all you will know my opinion
two years on and i can still say that UBS was the best week of my life to date :)
any questions feel free to ask away

vip_6

HSC
hey hey hey i got into UBS for 2010 looking forward to this week it sounds pretty exciting who else got in for this year and where is everbody from :) look forward to hearing from people

silentk99

HSC
hey i just want to know. Is there a test for getting into the academy or just your resume.

silentk99

HSC
Thanks a lot guys. Would you please be able to tell me briefly what you wrote on your resume and page on yourself.

Thanks again. Would make my life if i get into this program :)

silentk99

HSC
Hey guys could you please review this intro to the page about myself:

Dear respected Sir/Madam,
I, Mihir Dahiya am currently studying in killara high school in year 11 and am extremely interested in learning about the financial sector. Earlier, my passion was in medicine and biology. However, for the past two years after taking commerce in year 10, I have realized that my talent and interest lies in this field. Through hard work and dedication I achieved a satisfactory result of 98 percent overall in year 10 commerce. My performance in mathematics, science and English was great as well. Due to my strongly developing interest in this area, I chose economics in year 11. In our first assessment task I achieved an excellent result. One day, I happened to come over a book, "The intelligent investor", and I found it very interesting. Since, I have broadened my limited knowledge of this subject by reading articles, newspapers and books. Learning about the circular flow of income, personal finance and how an economy operates was fun as well. I do not have much knowledge of careers in this field and am very eager to know about this since it may change my life. I do this subject (economics and commerce) out of happiness rather than for happiness. UBS finance academy provides an excellent opportunity for me to deepen my knowledge of this area of study including learning about careers in this field. It will be a chance for me to interact positively with my peers from other schools attending the academy, creating lifelong friendships along the journey, and to improve my leadership and communication skills. Rarely do such beautiful opportunities strike my path, and I am grateful that one has since receiving the application form.

williamstar78

HSC
Hey guys could you please review this intro to the page about myself:

Dear respected Sir/Madam,
I, Mihir Dahiya am currently studying in killara high school in year 11 and am extremely interested in learning about the financial sector. Earlier, my passion was in medicine and biology. However, for the past two years after taking commerce in year 10, I have realized that my talent and interest lies in this field. Through hard work and dedication I achieved a satisfactory result of 98 percent overall in year 10 commerce. My performance in mathematics, science and English was great as well. Due to my strongly developing interest in this area, I chose economics in year 11. In our first assessment task I achieved an excellent result. One day, I happened to come over a book, "The intelligent investor", and I found it very interesting. Since, I have broadened my limited knowledge of this subject by reading articles, newspapers and books. Learning about the circular flow of income, personal finance and how an economy operates was fun as well. I do not have much knowledge of careers in this field and am very eager to know about this since it may change my life. I do this subject (economics and commerce) out of happiness rather than for happiness. UBS finance academy provides an excellent opportunity for me to deepen my knowledge of this area of study including learning about careers in this field. It will be a chance for me to interact positively with my peers from other schools attending the academy, creating lifelong friendships along the journey, and to improve my leadership and communication skills. Rarely do such beautiful opportunities strike my path, and I am grateful that one has since receiving the application form.
Sounds great! Include a bit more information about yourself I reckon other than academics as that was seen throughout the letter. Otherwise, best of luck and I hope to see you there!

silentk99

HSC
thanks a lot williamstar78. appreciate your feedback. this was the intro so I am going to write about sports, volunteering and part time work in another section. Thanks again. See you there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)