UAI's..reckon they'll rise alot? (1 Viewer)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Ok, I got 78.05 as my UAI, and want to go to either ANU or Wollongong, which have UAI's of 76 and 77 respectivly for 2003 entry - do you reckon the cut-off's will rise above my UAI?

Cheers!

^___^
HSC
i'm in the exactly exactly the same position with u..

hoping they dun for ANU..cos jumping up 2.05 is a lot to be honest...

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
A hell of alot... but they jump 6.0 in 2002 to 2003, so I'm getting pretty worried..

What were you applying for?

Last edited:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Put them down and hope for the best. I don't think so. Well, not alot, at least.

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by White Rabbit
A hell of alot... but they jump 6.0 from 2002 to 2003, so I'm getting pretty worried..

What were you applying for?

they jumped by 6 cos the fact it was originally at 70..which is low compare to Macq/Syd/UNSW

so if they jump another 6..thatss 82 which is in line with those uni..and i dun think it will happen..

i'm aiming all those 76 courses in ANU...finance..commerce...science..arts..anything!

flyin: u won't see me in macq! :(

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Sweet! That made me feel alot better!

LOL, was macquarie your first choice? Was mine (Arts - history/dip. education) but now, because of my UAI, I'm going for those 76 courses too ;)

Might see ya next year :D

^___^
HSC
first have to convince my dad..mum is ok about me going to canberra..but dad isn't..

but fuck him...

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by White Rabbit
LOL, yeah, there is that parent thing ;)

And money, I need a car ;)
i'm planning to have accomdaton in uni..(thats if i go) and work...

driving..hmm...canberra is not that big...a bike will do ;)

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
I think with ANU you will be fine.

According to Canberra Times, UC has put courses MINIMUM at 75; as they have had a 11% increase in applicants.

ANU on the other hand has had a DECREASE in first preferences and a DECREASE in overall preferences; therefore you should be fine... But ANU needs to cut 5% of its student numbers due to over enrolling etc. I would be expecting the ANY cut off to rise, by a FEW points - not by 6 points though...

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by googy_1985
I think with ANU you will be fine.

According to Canberra Times, UC has put courses MINIMUM at 75; as they have had a 11% increase in applicants.

ANU on the other hand has had a DECREASE in first preferences and a DECREASE in overall preferences; therefore you should be fine... But ANU needs to cut 5% of its student numbers due to over enrolling etc. I would be expecting the ANY cut off to rise, by a FEW points - not by 6 points though...

thanks champ!!

now needs t start convincing

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
There's fee paying ...

And jobs? Hell, is not easy getting a job..

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Thats melbournian, thats great to hear :) What do you think will happen with Wollongong - if they're 77 for 2003 entry, and I got 78.05, reckon it'll be higher than that?

Thanks again :)

And about job - Canberra won't be easy to find jobs in - Like people have mentioned before, they have one Westfield and Canberra Centre ;) I've got heaps of experience - 2 years at KFC (Cook, Customer Service), One year at Maccas (Cook and Customer Service too) and now Bakers Delight. - but it'll still be hard to find a job down there..

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
Yeh... I think ANU marks will stay the same..

As I said before there demand went down quite a bit; but they have to cut 5% of their students anyway for overenrollment etc; so it should be the same..

BUT even if there is way less ppl applying for ANU, if the quality is higher, and they also have 2 cut the 5% of students out; the UAI will rise..

I spose time will tell!!!!!!!
Ring student admin on monday and ask them what the cut off for uai will be this yr; they told me this time last year at anu...

|-bLuSh-|

I think you'll be FINE!!!

But now I have a question for you guys. I got 83 for my UAI... And I wanna do a course in UTS... which jumped from 66 to 77 last year. Do you think I can get in it ? >.< What if it jumps to 88 ?

*is scared*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)