Uai.. (1 Viewer)

StressedOut

hey...
im really stressed out bout what kinda UAI i am gona get...
i didnt do well in my trials but all my other assessments have been pretty good...
how can i get a UAI in the 80's??? wat kinda marks do i have 2 get in my HSC?????
AHHHHHHH help
:(

Mordenkainen

HSC
N/A
it's pointless to find out what marks you need in the real hsc because that would only apply further stress upon yourself..
trying your best is all that matters

StressedOut

!!

true....!
i guess i just have 2 keep studying and try my best :D

ANYWAYS, anyone have any ideas of how to approach studying...? i know this sounds dumb but i really dunno where to start...what to do....should i revise one subject per week or what? when should i do past papers? anyone with any tips/ideas for me??? :)

blake

Re: !!

Originally posted by StressedOut
true....!
i guess i just have 2 keep studying and try my best :D

ANYWAYS, anyone have any ideas of how to approach studying...? i know this sounds dumb but i really dunno where to start...what to do....should i revise one subject per week or what? when should i do past papers? anyone with any tips/ideas for me??? :)
/quit

Marianna

ignore blake for 1

I usually write myself list of want I want to get done in a day and as I finish it cross it off

then you feel really proud when the list is finished

aim to spend say 2 hours on a subject area at a time or however long your exam is for that subject so youget used to doing it for that length of time

spice girl

magic mirror
"trying your best" is a goal you'll never achieve.

It's better to aim for a high goal and miss, than it is to make it clear over a low goal, IMHO. In other words, dun worry if you miss, if you know you've set yourself a high goal. Just make sure there is no regrets.

As for studying, i can't really help because i'm a beginner at this field. But from what I observe from my friends, NEVER overstudy. One of my friends is in a situation where i believe there exists what economists call "diseconomies of scale", which is basically, the more you study, the less marks you're gonna get.

Emphasise on efficiency, not time.

By efficiency, the only way you'd know whether you know your stuff, is to do past papers and feedback by looking at answers. Don't be afraid to look at the answers before you do the questions from time to time, but do so if you're somewhat stuck. It's better to put yourself in the right direction by peeping at the back, than challenging yourself to find the right direction, to answer those damn questions.

fatmuscle

HSC
yah, be happy with what you did!

my goal was to beat my sister... which I didn't, but I felt I achieved a lot more than what she did during her HSC.

quartic

If your studying science subjects just grab a copy of the syllabus and go through and make sure you understand every dot point. Then do past papers.

If its maths then do past papers to find out what you don't know then learn it and do more past papers.

If its english then you better start praying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)