UAI - worried (1 Viewer)

smiley_kel

HSC
N/A
Hi! Im in year 12 this year and Im very excited to finish! I really want to attend this UNI, but from the SAM thing and my own predictions I dont think I will be able to get past 75 UAI :( will I still be able to attend this UNI? Im not sure how it all works. Thanks for any replies :)

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
In short yes.

If not, there are many other methods to get in.

COncentrate on what your doing now and worry about uni when you finish exams.

smiley_kel

HSC
N/A
Im not actually sure about the courses; ive only begun looking around now haha - probably just getting excited for the end :) I'm very interested in criminal law, (im doing well at legal studies) and also doing well at society and culture... I enjoy learning about behaviour and stuff like that. To me, all that sounds like I need a very high UAI. Im sure there would be other courses I can work my way up to, but my career advisor has NO IDEA so I thought I'd try here :)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I'm sure you can get into B Arts and do sociology and go from there.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Yeah, you could do some degree that has a real low uai (*cough* science/ed *cough*), do an honours course, wait ten years until your UAI doesn't count and then to graduate law...

phrred

HSC
smiley_kel said:
Im not actually sure about the courses; ive only begun looking around now haha - probably just getting excited for the end :) I'm very interested in criminal law, (im doing well at legal studies) and also doing well at society and culture... I enjoy learning about behaviour and stuff like that. To me, all that sounds like I need a very high UAI. Im sure there would be other courses I can work my way up to, but my career advisor has NO IDEA so I thought I'd try here :)
Look into B Social Science (Criminology)

lala2

Banned
HSC
You should also check your UAC Guide for other similar courses at other unis, unless you really want to go to UNSW.

smiley_kel

HSC
N/A
Nebuchanezzar said:
Yeah, you could do some degree that has a real low uai (*cough* science/ed *cough*), do an honours course, wait ten years until your UAI doesn't count and then to graduate law...
ten years!! hahaha jeeze does it take 10 years for your UAI to never be looked at again I thought it would take, one maybe two!

lala2

Banned
HSC
It's not actually 10 years, it's still in the UAC system if you ever need to transfer, and it will be considered along with your tertiary results, but it's basically redundant in effect, after that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)