HSC
Well currently i am doing these subjects

3U maths
2U maths
Physics
Chemistry
Advanced English
Software Design and Development

I input the details of my percentile prediction and my UAI just seems a little too good to be true ?

i got

English Adv - 80
Chemistry - 80
Physics - 80
Software Design and Development - 75
3U Maths - 50
2U Maths - 70

and it calculates my UAI to be about 92.00

Considering these are percentiles would that be right ? seems a bit too high seeing none of these are even band 6 and only around band 5 and considering my maths marks aren't too good.

Also right now i did a 2U maths assessment task worth 10% or 15% im not sure

i did pretty bad as in im ay not pass. same with a chemistry assessment. If i do pretty well in my half yearly/trial/HSC would a 90 still be possible ? assuming i do pretty well..

Last edited:

kini mini

HSC
I don't have much of a feel for marks, so I couldn't give you my own guess. FWIW when I guessed my percentiles last year, I was 0.05 below my actual UAI. That's pretty damn good. A lot depends on how accurately you can guess those percentiles, and at the time I could make some pretty good guesses based on the percentile reports that UAC had released. At this stage, it is difficult to judge in which percentile you will fall - the data you get out is derived precisely from what you put in, so if you guess wrongly your prediction will be out.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
how would u guess your percentiles ?

that requires seeing what everyone got during that year ?

i also made my percentiles the worst i could probably possibly do and i still get a uai very close to 90

just hard to believe it will be around that

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Ragerunner

i also made my percentiles the worst i could probably possibly do and i still get a uai very close to 90

just hard to believe it will be around that
Do your best case scenario, and your worse case, and see what happens. The first time I used Lazseeker, before the percentile version was released, I had no idea how to judge marks, and it told me that I'd get 100 :p. I didn't believe that for a second (well - maybe half a second :D ), so I kept on fiddling with it until I got an absolute worse case scenario :).

losty

ohh yeah and about the uai seeker....

when i put in the marks i estimate getting does that include the actual hsc exam mark... cause how do they work it.... is it my assessment marks during the year halved cause they out of 100 to be out of 50 and then the hsc exam marked halved and added to that.... im not talking about the uai mark i need to know how they work out ur actual hsc mark

ohh and also whats shit about the uai seeker this year is that i put in my subjects when i first registered and now i cant change them... i knwo they do that so that people dont use eachothers logins but the thing is i dropped a subject and now its stuck there... anyone know how to change them?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
UAI Seeker determines the uai from State percentiles not from marks.

Maybe you have to email them to change your subjects as they are locked.

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by losty

when i put in the marks i estimate getting does that include the actual hsc exam mark... cause how do they work it.... is it my assessment marks during the year halved cause they out of 100 to be out of 50 and then the hsc exam marked halved and added to that.... im not talking about the uai mark i need to know how they work out ur actual hsc mark
No. See my explanation in this thread. Be sure to follow the link to Laz's explanation as well. BTW, the UAI is a rank not a mark.

i put in my subjects when i first registered and now i cant change them... i knwo they do that so that people dont use eachothers logins but the thing is i dropped a subject and now its stuck there... anyone know how to change them?
You can either set your expected percentile/mark so low that it won't count, or mail them and ask them to take it off. I'm sure they'll help you, if not post here and we'll see what we can do.

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
fuck no

laz seeker is WAY OFF

it told me i was getting 92, but i got 89.25. I'm happy with 89; except that program gave me false expectations. It would've been mad to break that 90 barrier

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Big Willy
fuck no

laz seeker is WAY OFF

it told me i was getting 92, but i got 89.25. I'm happy with 89; except that program gave me false expectations. It would've been mad to break that 90 barrier
get with the times will, theres a new program, no more lazseeker, this ones new and improved

Ragerunner - with the percentiles u put in, thats the UAI u will get (roughly, and wat u woulda got in 2002). I got 1 band 6 and I got over 95, so its not that surprising

Just remember, first assessments mean basically jack all in ur final mark provided u do better

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Yeah thanks for that info MinAi.

i was wondering whether or not to give up if i already screwed up 3 assessments

one 3 U maths which i don't really care cuz it won't count if i do bad

also the 2U assessment which i think ill get about just below the 50% mark

and my chemistry which only slightly passed.

Right now i can see things are changing due to heaps of study after realising how shocking i did in those assessments. Was just wondering whether or not all that will be in vain if i already stuffed quite a bit up

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Ragerunner
Yeah thanks for that info MinAi.

i was wondering whether or not to give up if i already screwed up 3 assessments

one 3 U maths which i don't really care cuz it won't count if i do bad

also the 2U assessment which i think ill get about just below the 50% mark

and my chemistry which only slightly passed.

Right now i can see things are changing due to heaps of study after realising how shocking i did in those assessments. Was just wondering whether or not all that will be in vain if i already stuffed quite a bit up
lol, I can understand why ur saying this, I was kinda like u last yr
but believe me wen I say first assessments mean close to nothing by the time u get ur UAI
since things are improving for u with study, then u have nothing to worry about if u improve from this. Just concentrate on maintaing a decent ranking for each subject

I'll share a story ive told elsewhere here, but anyway, for me last yr, I failed almost all my Physics assessments, except for 1 assignment...and the trial HSC, where I got 51%
I didnt give up however, and I studied my ASS off in that subject after school finished, and in the end, I managed to get 82 as my HSC mark (84 Exam mark, 79 Assessment mark)...82 from failing all my assessments.

So the lesson is, its never too late to try, and theres no common sense in giving up, even at the end

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
thanks a lot for that bit of inspiration MinAi :)

at least that won't shatter my confidence for the exams soon to come in 2 weeks

been doing like 8-10 hours a day trying to catch up. going pretty damn well

HA-o_o-HA

Does anyone actually have the UAI seeker???
if so, since BOS is such a helpful site, can sum1 dat does have the UAI seeker post it up sumwhere...or send it 2 me!?!?!
PLZ...?!?!?!
:) :) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)