Uai/rank Question~ (1 Viewer)

madabtu

HSC
Someone posted on the other thread.

" get good rank at school, get good results in HSC examination, den u'll do good
10% or 99% marks when ur in school doesn't matter "

Why? Someone please explain.

Cheers

HSC
For in school assessments, its impossible to make sure that all schools are giving their students tasks of the same difficulty. If they reported your assessment mark as the mark you got at school, schools who have their students easy tasks would be advantaged over those with harder tasks. So what UAC does is line up the schools assessment marks against its HSC exam marks - which means that if you get 10% for you in school mark but top your class, but then get 90 in the HSC and top your class, your assessment mark will come out as 90.

I hope that made sense...I was in an economics exam for three hours today, so you'll have to excuse my lack of explaining things ability.

HSC
Silver Persian has the right idea. marks are just a means to determine your rank. The gap in marks is also important, like for example coming second by a couple of marks wont make much difference in what your aligned school assessment mark will be compared to person comin first. Theres a bunch of other threads around that describe this sought of thing with moderating and all that so just look around. Alos, try going to the 'features' section on bos home page and go to uai/scaling section. The moderation prototype program is pretty nifty so maybe check it out.
Anyway, enough from me i've just finished my last trial exam! woohoo bludge for a few days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)