Uai Prediction (1 Viewer)

peters

CALCULATED MARKS SO FAR
standard english - 63%
general maths - 56%
economics - 66%
business studies - 67%
legal studies - 72%

im not confident in myself, as i just started studying late this year in my whole skooling... i expect to go to tafe as i believe repetition improves marks, i just received 92% for business and 70% for legal, my marks were F's before...

anywayz... if you were in my shoes would you repeat yr 12 again or just do diploma course for advanced standing into uni...

accounting requires satisfactory completion of yr 12 what does this mean, is there specific subjects i need to take please answer if you can THANKS!!!!!

peters

forgot to add one thing, please dont make fun out of me....

i just gained motivation, about 4 months ago...

i was a hater and never studied... and i need BEST advice possible

so please give your ideas to what you think will be a GOOD pathway into uni...

i wanna give a shot now.. i just saw the potentials

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
rankings would be nice :)

i don't think it would be too good your uai considering your subjects don't scale very well.

but if you are ranked well enough and improve for the HSC exam i see no reason why you won't make it into uni :p

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
good pathway would be to get into uni with your UAI :)

if not then you can pick a low UAI course and then transfer after a year

peters

thanx for replies...

with the tafe option

if i would like to take the accounting diploma, the satisfaction of yr 12 is an entry requirement, what does this specifically mean?

if i do general maths, i wont have a chance of getting into the course?... is there specific things i need to meet? ...

sorry i should be talking to the careers advisor, but shes too scary and mean ^^

quarkfire

bludger
HSC
N/A
I'm pretty sure for the satisfactory completetion of year 12 they just mean that you finished yr12 and got your hsc, that is, you made a genuine attempt and didn't fail english
correct me if i'm wrong somebody..

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
you can fail english in marks but not if you don't satisfactorily complete the course

peters

Originally posted by Ragerunner
rankings would be nice :)

i dont have the current rankings, once the trials are finished, im expected the new ranks will come out

i alway been an average student, slightly below or just average, so yer you get the idea,

the marks, are all calculated and updated marks based on weightings...

peters

i've also decided to do the accounting diploma, gain work valuable work experience in the area i would like to work in and transfer to preferrably UTS, as they said once your over 20 i can enter as a mature student

i mite be able to get credit for my studies which means i can finish my degree by the age of 23, at the latest, so im happy wif that age... is still kinda young anywayz just 1 yr more skooling thats all

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
If u keep gaining average marks such as these, then u'd be looking at a UAI in the 60's
I wouldnt do yr12 again, because its unlikely u'll do much better.
Yes a diploma at TAFE is a better option because its an easier ticket into uni if u wanna do Accounting, and even if u dont goto uni, u can still become an associate CPA by doing the relevant requirements at TAFE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)