UAI Prediction for me please. (1 Viewer)

ChRiS_2004

I used SAM for last years UAI and i got 87. But i feel that that was really high for the subjects i was doing. Here are my subjects the mark i hope to get in the HSC and my assessment mark i collated using the assessment scheldule from school.

Advanced English HSC= 80 Assessment= 66
General Maths HSC= 95 Assessment= 87
Biology HSC= 80 Assessment= 85
Society and Culture HSC= 85 Assessment= 80
Geography HSC= 75 Assessment= 70
Community and Family Studies HSC=85 Assessment= 95

I had filled for misadventure for all my exams except english due to parental separation. Community and Family Studies was the worst hit or distracted. So can some one calculate or predict my UAI for me please.
Chris :)

ChRiS_2004

Also my assessment ranks are as follows
Advanced English- 3/14
General Maths- 1/58
Biology- 1/13
Society and Culture- 1/7
Geography- 1/6
Community and Family Studies- 1/9

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
chris_gleeson24 said:
I used SAM for last years UAI and i got 87. But i feel that that was really high for the subjects i was doing. Here are my subjects the mark i hope to get in the HSC and my assessment mark i collated using the assessment scheldule from school.

Advanced English HSC= 80 Assessment= 66
General Maths HSC= 95 Assessment= 87
Biology HSC= 80 Assessment= 85
Society and Culture HSC= 85 Assessment= 80
Geography HSC= 75 Assessment= 70
Community and Family Studies HSC=85 Assessment= 95

I had filled for misadventure for all my exams except english due to parental separation. Community and Family Studies was the worst hit or distracted. So can some one calculate or predict my UAI for me please.
Chris :)
did you use the standards packages to estimate those marks?

www.boredofstudies.org/mirror

ChRiS_2004

Confused

what do you mean the standards package for the estimate for my mark. For my estimation of hsc marks is how i felt i went in each exam and what my teachers have said after the exam and what i have told them about my responses and stuff. But for my assesment mark i got my HSC assessment schedule that has the weighting for each and assessments and then i worked them out for me to achieve my assessment mark that i could possibly get.
Thats all i did andf i got my assessment rank from the board of studies website.

grimreaper

HSC
chris_gleeson24 said:
what do you mean the standards package for the estimate for my mark. For my estimation of hsc marks is how i felt i went in each exam and what my teachers have said after the exam and what i have told them about my responses and stuff. But for my assesment mark i got my HSC assessment schedule that has the weighting for each and assessments and then i worked them out for me to achieve my assessment mark that i could possibly get.
Thats all i did andf i got my assessment rank from the board of studies website.
you cant use the marks your school gave you for assessment marks. Read up about aligning\moderating elsewhere in the forum if you want a good explaination

ChRiS_2004

ohhh okay then
Well i cant be bothered to do that but i will rely on what my teachers have said aboutmy reposnses and stuff. BUt their my hopeful marks well the maximum, so can anyone estimate a UAI that is possible.

ChRiS_2004

But that doesnt take into account that the assessent mark and HSC mark are both equally important int he depiction of the UAI so i dont want to use SAM or if someone can tell me what i should do so that an accurate UAi can be made using my assessment and HSC marks. Thanks

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
yes it does, you "aligned HSC mark" which is what SAM uses is the average of your exam and assessment marks.

again, SAM is mearly a convinence. It isn't really doing any prediction. It just uses the fact that aligned marks are more easily understood than scaled marks, to simplify the determination of UAI.

HSC
Well, since you're topping most of your subjects (well done btw), your assessment marks will always be equal or higher than your HSC exam mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)