uai prediction...=D (1 Viewer)

arod

ive just finished with my trials and i really stuffed them up HARD!! i just wanna know with my current marks and rankings what can i expect to get for my uai?

maths2u 85% rank:3rd
snr sci 88% rank:1st
adv eng 76% rank:2nd
legal 84% rank:1st
business 68% rank:11th

thanks =D

mishka

HSC
N/A
your ranks are very good, but i don't do guesstimates, i just give encouragement!!! ;)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
aditya said:
no way thats 90....
yes way! I did Bio, chem, maths, society, engineering and ESL, which have much better scaling then his/her courses. And I was ranked 1 in most things.....Got 95.70. It depends on the school. But looking at his marks, I am pretty sure he will get around 90 UAI if his performance is around 80ish like he/she said.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
each HSC the schools get ranked depending on their results, the higher ur school is ranked, the more chanceu have of getting a better mark (because of scaling, im not sure, does school scale?)

mack

Banned
HSC
If you are ranked first in all your courses the school you attend does not matter. My knowledge is shaky on this, but i dont think a school gets scaling really. At a selective school usually there isnt much difference between the rankings so it can be a big safety net if your rankings arent that flash, am i correct here or have i screwed this up?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
you are right mack. It is the "pool of marks" from the class that is the most important. For example, in two classes of 30 students each, one is a selective, the other one is non-selective, In the hsc exam, the selective class recieve say 270 marks in total, whereas the non-selective class in the non-selective school only recieved 200. These "pool of marks" are are then distributed to each students in each class.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
ah m'k,
how about this:
theres a class of 12 (biology) and one person is ranked 1st with a 93% assessment mark, lets say that person finishes with the same mark, but everyone else in his class finished with a mark below 80, will that person get scaled down?

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
this is confusing me...no I am not blonde, must be the prolonged procrastination before my 3 ft high pile of past HSC maths papers that's doing it....I'm glad I don't have to worry about all this until next year.

FBI agent

if u go to a south west sydney skool like fairvale for instant...u'll most proabably get a low uai regardless of ur ranking. Takin into consideration yr subjects, ranks, marks, school and amount of study u can only achieve a maximum of 80 or 81 if yr lucky.

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
withoutaface said:
No 1st in course=moderated assessment immunity.

ffs thats gay, im ranked 3rd in most of my subjects.
I thought each person is on his OWN, where they don't get scaled in a pool of marks. It isn't MY fault that bums under me give up and screw up the test, why should i screw up just because im 1 or 2 marks behind the person getting ranked first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)