UAI estimate - pretty please? (1 Viewer)

Justina

HSC
i know it's kind of hard to tell since we're the first year 12's in my school. but i just want a rough idea:

Ancient History: 1/4 - averaging 94.6%
Biology: equal first/4 - averaging 85%
English: 4/11 - averaging 83%
Studies of Religion I: 1/2 - averaging 93%
Maths: 2/6 - averaging 85%
Maths ext. 5/9 - averaging 72%
Hist. Ext: two people, fairly confident i can come 1st or equal first, but no assessments done yet....

Aiming for a UAI over 85
thanks in advance :)

T

Troy2287

Hard to tell, but i'll say yes...with the marks you're averaging, if you score the same in your HSC you should be looking good.

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
4 people in ur biology class!? and 11 in english!?
Jeez...small school :D
But...your ranks are quite good. Keep up the good work :D

T

Troy2287

That doesn't mean you can slack off and bludge :p That means you must keep trying to improve even more!

Justina

HSC
yeah i know, i just wanted to make sure there was a possibility of getting somewhere.

Justina

HSC
ok, well i have just another quick question...i didn't want to start a new thread so i'll just ask here and hope somebody sees it.

Ok, well what happens if i only get 65-75 for Maths ext. 1, as a raw mark in both assessment and actual HSC mark? (and say im ranked in the bottom half of the class) Will i be scaled up, down, or left as is?

Maths ext is evil :)

-tal-

HSC
Justina said:
ok, well i have just another quick question...i didn't want to start a new thread so i'll just ask here and hope somebody sees it.

Ok, well what happens if i only get 65-75 for Maths ext. 1, as a raw mark in both assessment and actual HSC mark? (and say im ranked in the bottom half of the class) Will i be scaled up, down, or left as is?

Maths ext is evil :)
Hmm, tricky, tricky. I'd say there's a pretty big chance a 65-70% in ext 1 maths will scale you down though. To scale up, I think you should be looking at getting a say.. 88%.

Justina

HSC
NorthRiversMatt said:
You know how to get 88%? Read and read and read the excerise book!
just read? :confused:

I've been trying to do HSC past papers (well i attempted to do a couple anyway...) and i totally suck :)

HSC
Hrmmm reading on notes and that helps you to knowledge to answer the questions in exams. Also past papers too.

HSC
well seeing as its your weakest subject and it looks like you have 11 units you could drop it if you're really not oging to get anywhere...

Justina

HSC
see i would, but im pretty sure im going to screw up Hist. Ext. too, lol
The MW is fine, but the exams are poo.....

Justina

HSC
Ok, i was just wondering if i can get another estimation according to my trial results (did the catholic paper btw):

English: 88% (3/11)
Studies of Religion: 90% (1/2)
Biology: 84% (1/4)
Maths: 77% (1/8)
Maths Ext: 51% (5/9)
Ancient History: 86% (1/4)
Hist. Ext: 80% (1/2)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)