UAI Cut Off. (1 Viewer)

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
I had a friend who got a lower uai than needed for her course, 73 i think she needed 78 or somethin. she contacted the faculty and set up a meeting and talked to the head guy there. she got into this course. how exactly does this work, if i got a lower uai but i wanted to get into a course like commerce in UOW. what needs to be done, ive heard of a principals recommendation, but she just contacted the faculty. can anyone help me?

HSC
I'm not really sure how this goes either, but I know the system seems to be somewhat flexible. Perhaps a good place to start is, as you said, calling either the faculty or uniadvice, or perhaps both, and asking if there is any potential for alternative entry arrangements to be made. From there, maybe the principal's recommendation and things become relevant, but to start with it seems best to ask if there's anything that can be done.

Like I said though, I have no experience with this so I could be way off the mark, but that's how I would do it. Good luck :)

Ninga

HSC
Its all about contacting the faculty and pleading your case i guess. Chances are, you will have very little chance of getting in this way for something like commerce, so if you are under the cutoff you'd probably be better off doing something else and trying to transfer. They sometimes let people in like this if they haven't filled their quota of students, ie some engineering and sciences have been known to let people in who havent achieved the required UAI but have shown they have a great passion or interest in the subject/course. Obviously something like commerce would have a huge demand, so i wouldn't hold my breath on getting in like this if u didnt get the UAI. Its your own fault. Shoulda studied harder. Less drinking. More study. But give it a shot, who knows. Good luck.

Scanorama

HSC
I went for the early entry interview for Computer Science. I need an UAi of 75 to get into the course. However I only got 70.75 I rang up this morning and told them about my case. They rang back this afternoon after the dean has looked at my marks and they said I now got a guaranteed offer.

Not only they look at your UAI but your HSC marks are more important than your UAI. They said they are impressed by some of the marks I scored on some subjects.

Good luck everyone, it doesnt hurt to give them a ring. If you accept you, congratulations! If they don't, there are always lots of ways to get into uni and the course you wish to study :)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Wollongong is awesome about reviewing marks for subjects related to your course and accepting you on that basis. If you ring them they will put you on the list. I'm sure its not too late for that.

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Wollongong is awesome about reviewing marks for subjects related to your course and accepting you on that basis. If you ring them they will put you on the list. I'm sure its not too late for that.
will that apply to most common unis ie syd and nsw

iamsickofyear12

HSC
notnownotever said:
will that apply to most common unis ie syd and nsw
Not nearly as much cause more people are trying to get into those uni's and cut off's are higher.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I don't really know, I'm just making educated guesses. All I know is that UWS hasn't called me even though my last 5 or so preferences are for UWS and wollongong has.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)