Uai Cut-off Trends (1 Viewer)

lil_lou88

hey has anyone heard anything about whether this yrs uai cut-offs will fall or rise? I know that most of last yrs cut-off fell.... and that last yrs cohort did very well in the hsc...

anyone know if our cohort is doing better or worse? (depending on analysts opinion or even our school certificate statistics?)

lil_lou88

the reason i asked how well our cohort is doing is because a friend of mine who did his hsc last yr got high 70s and low 80s for his hsc marks and only got a uai of 39 something. he reckons it was because the rest of his cohurt did realli well. problem is, im looking at getting marks similar to his and i realli dont want a uai of 39

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
lil_lou88 said:
the reason i asked how well our cohort is doing is because a friend of mine who did his hsc last yr got high 70s and low 80s for his hsc marks and only got a uai of 39 something. he reckons it was because the rest of his cohurt did realli well. problem is, im looking at getting marks similar to his and i realli dont want a uai of 39
this years cohort is really smart, last years wasnt as good as ours (they did very crap in the hsc). if oyur friend got 70's and 80's and got uai of 39, most of us are screwed this year. i know i am now.

lil_lou88 said:
im sorry but this topic is impossible to answer your uai depends on like 1000 variables: subjects your doing, your performance against the state in those subjects, etc etc, ps they haven't even marked any papers yet as far as i know, so nothing can be predicted just yet :)

danieljarvis

HSC
somebody posted up a UAC site where they release info about the trends for UNI applications. but i cant bloody find the post, i know this is off topic.!

lil_lou88

shortygb said:
this years cohort is really smart, last years wasnt as good as ours (they did very crap in the hsc). if oyur friend got 70's and 80's and got uai of 39, most of us are screwed this year. i know i am now.
how do u know that?

HSC
last years cohort wasnt bad, they had alot of easier hsc exams though

lil_lou88

natstar said:
Fair enough. When I did my HSC, My marks were 76, 79, 80, 82, 83 and my uai was 75
what were ur subjects? cuz the scaling mite have been different

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeh tell me about it
i doubt gettin 70s and 80s would only contribute to a 39
39!!!!!!shitttttttt

VQ

HSC
U sure? 39 for high 70s?

Wow, should really start studying for my 2-left HSC subjects....

A diff example, my senior averaged 88 get UAI of 98...Several proposed idea why she got a wonderful UAI, in my opinion, are:
- She did good-scaling subjects (among those: chemistry, physics, maths ext 1 'n ext2)
- She did wonderfully on those extremely good scaling subject (97 on maths ext1 n 95 on maths ext2)
- She was topping several subjects in our school
and now, she is at top 5 uni at US = ) WOW!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)