UAI calc help (1 Viewer)

Snoople

HSC
How do SAM and other UAI things guess your UAI when its based on ranking
because im making a software major on a UAI calc *tell me now if its a bad idea*
and i need to know how its guessed

thanks

Franman

HSC
N/A
How do SAM and other UAI things guess your UAI when its based on ranking
because im making a software major on a UAI calc *tell me now if its a bad idea*
and i need to know how its guessed

thanks
The Board of Studies releases aligned hsc marks in a certain percentile compared to scaled marks. SAM takes this information from the relevant tables in order to make a prediction.

There are discrepancies because the info is based on the previous year and not the current year.

You can find the tables here: http://community.boredofstudies.org...iminary-report-scaling-2008-hsc-w-tables.html

Snoople

HSC
hmm so is there a calculation to get the estimated UAI
or some other thing
because i need to know if i can do a UAI calc for my major project in software

Franman

HSC
N/A
hmm so is there a calculation to get the estimated UAI
or some other thing
because i need to know if i can do a UAI calc for my major project in software
What about to say may not be true. Just what I think.

Look at Table A3. It shows each subject with aligned marks and its corresponding scaled mark.

So with SAM. You select a subject. Put in the align mark and then SAM will look through 'table A3' for your selected subject and then look for your aligned mark and finally it will convert it to the scaled mark.

SAM will take the two best units of English in terms of scaled marks and then your 8 best units in terms of scaled marks.

Now in Table A3, it doesn't show every aligned mark with its corresponding scaled mark. So I guess there's some sort of algorithm to make an estimate. Hence why, they're not exactly perfect.

All the best.

EDIT: Oh and when SAM totals your scaled marks, that is your aggregate. Then you go to Table A8 (I think, or the table that shows aggregate points with its corresponding uai) and then SAM will make an estimate based on your aggregate. Again, not every single aggregate is shown so there will be some estimation on the software's part.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)