::: UAI and HSC Ettiquete ::: (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
How many of you are going to actually go and ring your friends and compare results?

I'm actually thinking THAT far ahead.... I really don't want to compare. I don't want to listen to a person that did no study get 99, or have my parents compare my results to other students..... you know? regardless of how well or crap you went....

Nobody cry or whine in public

Nothing is worse than a person that think its the end of the world because they got 89 when 89 is a great mark for someone else...

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
if anyone wants to tell me their mark........they know how to reach me........however i wont call and bother anyone incase theyre crying in a heap on the floor...........put it this way.........if uve done well ull be soo happy ull run around and tell everyone wholl listen to ur ranting.........but i wont phone n put anyone on the spot....

Skeeta

HSC
yeah i know what you mean.. I am interested in what other people got to see how i went comparitavely but those who boast.. or are upset with 99.85 do irritate me

our school principal is having a bbq on monday so we can all go and tell him our results.. i really dont want to.. especially if they are dissapointing because all the teachers will question how you studied and i'm sure its the last thing we want to be talking about

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i have to say id not want to compare if im disappointed but if i do well id want to. id offer to discuss it with them though.
im mostly annoyed with family cause they are already ringing for my results. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

doodydo

HSC
N/A
when people call others i really wonder what they're thinking.
personally, i'd like time for everything to settle in before i get phonecalls and receive contrived reactions.

one of my friends has already told me she'd call. at least its a warning.

max

That which u feel becomes
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
How many of you are going to actually go and ring your friends and compare results?

I'm actually thinking THAT far ahead.... I really don't want to compare. I don't want to listen to a person that did no study get 99, or have my parents compare my results to other students..... you know? regardless of how well or crap you went....

Nobody cry or whine in public

Nothing is worse than a person that think its the end of the world because they got 89 when 89 is a great mark for someone else...

Yes, even Einstein would proclaim that success is relative...

Rory

HSC
I really don't care to compare with other people; if someone runs up and tells me what they got spontaneously then I'll share in return (if I like them) but I'm not going to run around bugging people to tell me what they got and I'm not going to give in to annoying people who will bug me. I'll share what I got with family, my IT/IPT teacher and my best friend.

dafidav

HSC
me and some friends will be together when we get the uai so i guess ill be sharing with them

but i hate people who will brag to me about how they beat me or some shit like that

J

jhakka

Rory said:
I really don't care to compare with other people; if someone runs up and tells me what they got spontaneously then I'll share in return (if I like them) but I'm not going to run around bugging people to tell me what they got and I'm not going to give in to annoying people who will bug me. I'll share what I got with family, my IT/IPT teacher and my best friend.
If someone ran up to me and told me, I'd say "That's nice." :)

somechick

HSC
N/A
LOL.
No-one wants to compare but the actual UAI is a comparitive mark.
But its not as if your not gonna be told anyway what everyone else got, there's no running away from it. I know my parents will watch tv and on today tonight or the news they'll have "outstanding premiers awards" people on it or something and they'll be like "why didnt you get that too?".
At my school they email you telling you what everyone else got, and then there's the local newspapers too.

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
somechick said:
At my school they email you telling you what everyone else got, and then there's the local newspapers too.
are u serious???? thats way harsh if someone totally bums out... hahahahahah i wish they did that with our skool tho... there will b girls in my group moping for a month b/cos they think they suck.... when they DONT they jst compare themselves or hav way high expectations.....

Wohzazz

HSC
Hmm, I'll do the sensible thing and keep a low profile. I hope i will be running up and down my street screaming at 6.01 tomorrow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)