UAI 98+: Tutor available for Mathematics 2/3/4U (1 Viewer)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Hi

I graduated from Sefton HS in 2006 with top 5 internal ranks in both Mathematics Extension courses and I have THREE years of experience in tutoring.

Some of my former students have shown improvements of up to 20% since their initial assessment. Now that my 09 students are about to finish (all my current students are within the top 10 of their school at the moment), I am available to take in new students.

I am offering tutoring in (both Preliminary and HSC):

- Mathematics

- Mathematics Extension 1 (HSC mark: 97/100)

- Mathematics Extension 2 (HSC mark: 94/100)

I will share my notes, books and many past exam papers, help you develop extensive understanding of the relevant course content and offer efficient but nonetheless rigorous approaches to problems.

Something I also commonly do is compile my own exam papers (see file below) which are usually personalised in accordance to your next assessment task and I mark them with detailed feedback so that you can gain insight into your strengths and weaknesses.

Whether you need help in understanding the raw content of the course or if you are near the top and want that little bit extra to climb to the peak, I will provide a stimulating and challenging environment.

On many occasions you might find me helping out some people on certain questions in the relevant forums, so you know that I am genuinely dedicated to support your studies. However, I do expect you to put the effort in (as with any tutor) as you would expect from me for the best results. I am confident that with your cooperation, I can make a significant contribution to your studies. :D

I live in the Auburn/Lidcombe area and am willing to travel to nearby areas (max. 10-15 min drive) on weekends only

Rates per person per course: (all sessions are 2 hours, except for Mathematics Extension 2 which can either be 2 hours or 3 hours depending on time availability)
$30 per hour – if I come to you
$25 per hour – if you to come to me for one-on-one or if I come to you and there are two or more people
$20 per hour – if there are two or more people in one session and you come to me

If you are interested email me at: trebla_2006@hotmail.com

The file below is a random selection of questions in 2 unit Mathematics, some of which were compiled for past students in personalised exam papers for their assessment tasks. This is some indication of what I did with my 08 students. I tried not to put up too many "typical" questions on this file, so expect some of them to be a bit challenging for 2 unit level. Feel free to download and work on them...;)

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Highly recommend this guy. This guy is a total gun in Mathematics - he helped me several times throughout the website. He knows his stuff very well.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Thanks for that man...

Bump...

crazynessss

HSC
Do I get a discount if i know you irl? -- and if i go Sefton as well?

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Yes...though I was forced to do it against my will. Long story....but I'm so over it now.

Bump...

Last edited:

piitb

HSC
can someone who only got 94 in ext 2 really should be tutoring?

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
piitb said:
can someone who only got 94 in ext 2 really should be tutoring?
Yes. :p

I admit my mark for Extension 2 was lower than I expected thanks to excessive silly mistakes in the external exams. However, 94 is enough to show that I know the course very well and besides you can't argue with my Extension 1 mark :p. There are people around here who advertised with similar if not lower marks in mathematics.

I've learnt a lot since my Year 12 days in mathematics. My knowledge in mathematics has been extended heaps in my university studies of mathematics. For example, I took the Maths Special Studies Program last year which is a unit built on advanced integral calculus (and resembles the HSC Extension 2 course very closely) that is taken up by the top maths students taking a science degree. I got to rub shoulders with those who topped the state in Extension 1 and Extension 2 and the fact that I managed a HD (91/100) in that course amongst all these top maths students shows that I am just as competent as them in mathematics. I am not the same person as I was in Year 12. I know a lot more since then...

Furthermore, those who are familiar with me in the forums such as lyounamu believe I know the material very well. I thank him heaps for his endorsement. I like helping people out, particularly in mathematics. I have contributed heaps in helping to answer difficult questions on these forums. This shows not just my abilities in mathematics but also that I am a very supportive person.

If I really shouldn't be tutoring, people would vote with their feet and not approach me. If students believed I am not suitable to tutor them then I would not have gained any students in the first place. The very fact that I was approached by several students (not to mention I had to turn down a lot last year due to full capacity) for my tutoring services indicates that many showed interest in me tutoring them.

Besides, the only way one can make a proper judgement on my ability to tutor is if he or she becomes one of my students! :p

Last edited:

Zephyrio

HSC
Trebla: highly recommended. The working out that he sets on these forums is exemplary; they're usually not what you'd write in an exam, because they're detailed and often set out the theory/logical flaws of previous arguments/solutions so as to broaden your own understanding. Rather like Jim Coroneos if you have his previous publications.

P.S. Sorry for arguing about the school, I was playing devil's advocate and under normal conditions I would agree with most of the things you said.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Thanks...less than a week to go till you get your results...haha!

Bump...

monesh

HSC
Hey Trebla. What area are you from, are you able to come to travel to fairfield/liverpool region??

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
As stated on the original post, I live in Auburn/Lidcombe. Liverpool is beyond my travel limits. However, Fairfield is just on the borderline...lol

P

pyrodude1031

Ok, I dont really see how the mark can be used all on its own to determine whether he/she shoudl be tutoring MX2 or even MX1. Because, it whether the tutor actually understands his/her stuff. Getting a high mark, can simply be a result of reading through massive amounts of solutions and getting the technique on how to do those "set-structured" questions in the HSC.

i am not saying that I can teach, but he/she cant. I am simply expressing my opinion.

No intention to offend.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
pyrodude1031 said:
i am not saying that I can teach, but he/she cant. I am simply expressing my opinion.

No intention to offend.
What ever gave you the impression that I supposedly "can't teach"?. You were never one of my students, so you can't really justify your opinion.
pyrodude1031 said:
Ok, I dont really see how the mark can be used all on its own to determine whether he/she shoudl be tutoring MX2 or even MX1. Because, it whether the tutor actually understands his/her stuff. Getting a high mark, can simply be a result of reading through massive amounts of solutions and getting the technique on how to do those "set-structured" questions in the HSC.
I can see where you're coming from, but there is really no other way one can prove he or she understands the material. In the real world, you have to make a decision on products or services based on face value. I can assure you, that I understand the stuff very well, and this is supported by the posts on the previous page. You can't pass a proper judgement unless you've actually been tutored by me.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)