• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

uai 90+ (1 Viewer)

wallid

HSC
uai 90 + - bad subjects

haay, i jus wanted to no how hard is it to get uai of 90+ with these subjects :( , my rankings so far roughly..

english standard 3/48
gen maths 2/49
legal studies 11/15
business studies 7/60
information technology -- nothing yet

Last edited:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Im not too hopefull for you but I don't know what school you go to etc. It is possible especially if you improve your legal studies and business studies ranks but it would be still hard.

sylvia87

hey. i was wondering if i was to fail all my assessments and did really good for the final hsc!.. would that affect my uai dramatically?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i think it would affect ur ranking, which in turn affects ur final assessment mark. to get a good ranking u have to consistently do well in the assessments throughout the yr, not just kill the trials. the trials are a big thing but i will only do so much to lift ur final ranking.

oops i just realised u meant final "HSC". anyway, because u failed ur assessments, u would get a bad ranking and the person who has the best marks for assessments and and also ranking, will take your excellent exam mark for their own assessment mark. if u came last then ur assessment mark would be the lowest exam mark, no matter what u got in the hsc. but as an exam mark, then everyone keeps their own mark. therefore, it will affect the moderated assessment mark component in determinging ur uai. do i make sense? :confused:

santaslayer

HSC
Re: uai 90 + - baad subjects

Originally posted by wallid
haay, i jus wanted to no how hard is it to get uai of 90+ with these subjects :( , my rankings so far roughly..

english standard 3/48
gen maths 2/49
legal studies 11/15
business studies 7/60
information technology -- nothing yet
if u lift ur rankings for legal (top 3) and bussiness, then there will be a greater possibility of u getting a 90.00 uai.
as a guide, my rankings for lega; were 2/28 and business was 5/52

wallid

HSC
yehh but legal gona be basicaly imposible to be in the top 3-4, suchh a smart class , does that make a diff?, also 4 a uai in the high 80s 90s what kind of marks am i looking 4 in the final exams if i maintain dese ranks n in legal come up to just say top 5?

Last edited:

MouNtY

You're all saying that an improvement in the Legal rank would help gain a higher uai. Is this to say that legal is one of the subjects that get a good scaling? or am i talking about somthing totally different?

Blackalicious

HSC
A better ranking in anything would help boost Wallid's potential to get a good UAI, when your doing the HSC ive been told
"forget about scaling and focus on establishing a good rank in internal assessments"

wallid

HSC
but our legal class is really smart, gona be hard to get up the top, if im in top 6 or 7 out of 14 in the end is that good enough you guys think to have an assesment mark in the 80s

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Originally posted by sylvia87
hey. i was wondering if i was to fail all my assessments and did really good for the final hsc!.. would that affect my uai dramatically?
ofcourse NOT...ur rank is important!

wallid

HSC
so with stand english, gen maths and i t , its still possible to get a high uai even if u go to a pretty bad school, u just need to be highly ranked in each subject?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
The more highly ranked you are the less the remainder of the classes performance will affect you (unless they do well)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)