UAI 100 2/3/4 English, 2/3/4U Maths, 2U Eco, 2U Chem, 2U Phys (1 Viewer)

sushiii

HSC
umm i wana get into architecture thats my main goal the rest a lyk adicate subsitutes kinda thing
lyk i wouldnt mind doing engineering after tht
n dentisry isnt bad its using my hands n pratical n lotsa cash lol

their jus kinda feilds that i see i could go further in
rather then get the job n thats it

my first goal was fashion desginer but its too much work for me lol

milktea02

HSC
N/A
metricprefixes said:
Hey everyone
Due to suggestions from current students that I am tutoring, I will be organising some Trial HSC Prep Classes for English. This is intended to provide students out there who want some thorough English help in terms of essays and answering questions before their exams. These will be conducted in the coming school holidays. As I have been in the very same position you are in now, I understand the time constraints that you are facing. That is why I have tried to devise a course which minimises time, yet maximises quality and knowledge.

I will be providing a concise booklet, specific to your text (the ones mentioned below), which includes;
- strategies to go about the module
- superb notes and tips to help formulate your own essay
- different types of questions asked (incl text types) and how to answer these;
- how you mould your generic answer to specifically answer the Q
- model essays which received full marks in trials and why
- what markers are looking for in esasys
- marking and editing of your essay (free! outside hours via email, even the night before your exam)

English Advanced:

Journeys
-Physical Journeys

-Imaginative Journeys
For the Journeys, there will be two sessions, with the 1st one covering Section 1(Comprehension) and Section 2(Creative), and the 2nd one covering Section3 (Essay).

Module A:
- Transformations; Emma and Clueless
- Transformations; Hamlet and R&G
- In the wild; Bladerunner/BNW

Module B: Critical Study of Texts
- Speeches
- King Lear

Module C: Representation and Text
- Powerplay- Anthony and Cleopatra
- Telling the Truth- Frontline

Extension1 English

Texts and their ways of thinking:
- Individual against Society
- Retreat from the Global

I will be putting specific dates up, next to each text. Please register interest via this thread, or my email
deep_aqua1@hotmail.com, regarding which texts you want help in, and which days you prefer.

Happy studying! and goodluck in your upcoming assessments =)
Hello
i was wondering if you teach Wuthering Heights for critical study
as for 3u english, do you teach postmodernism?
so which texts did you study in scholl in adv and extension1?
And it's a pity that you don't teach physics, but is there anyone or anyplace you recommend for physics?
and just out of curiosity, which maths tutoring place do you think is good?

metricprefixes

HSC
Okay, I have some classes organised and their dates in case anyone is doing some last minute deciding; just be wary there are not many spaces left
If your combination isn't listed, give me your list, and if other students have requested it as well, I will consider organising or opening up a new class.
Thanks!
Have a good holiday

Journeys
Emma/Clueless
King Lear
Frontline

Thursday 5th July

Journeys
Brave New World/ Bladerunner
King Lear
Frontline
Saturday 7th July & Thursday, 12th July

Journeys
Emma/clueless
Speeches
Anthony and Cleopatra
Tuesday 3rd July & Monday 9th July

Journeys
Hamlet
Frontline
Tuesday 10th July

lawrence.h

HSC
$where?

Hi I'm wondering where are you available to tutor? Also how much do you charge per hour (tutoring)? Thanks

metricprefixes

HSC
Hey everyone;
After the success of the trial prep HSC english classes, I will be organising the same ones in the lead up to the HSC. If you missed out the first time, be sure to sign up quickly. These classes are intended to provide students out there who want some thorough English help in terms of essays and answering questions before their exams. Don't forget that the external exam is worth a whole 50% of your final mark. For those who did not do too well in your trials, it's not too late, and for those who want to maintain their internal mark, these courses are just for you! There will be classes every weekend leading up to the HSC. (you only need to attend one of these, which covers all 3 of your modules and the AOS). As I have been in the very same position you are in now, I understand the time constraints that you are facing. That is why I have tried to devise a course which minimises time, yet maximises quality and knowledge.

I will be providing a concise booklet, specific to your text (the ones mentioned below), which includes;

- strategies to go about the module
- superb notes and tips to help formulate your own essay
- different types of questions asked (incl text types) and how to answer these;
- how you mould your generic answer to specifically answer the Q
- model essays which received full marks in trials and why
- what markers are looking for in esasys
- marking and editing of your essay (free! outside hours via email, even the night before your exam)

English Advanced:

Journeys
-Physical Journeys

-Imaginative Journeys
For the Journeys, there will be two sessions, with the 1st one covering Section 1(Comprehension) and Section 2(Creative), and the 2nd one covering Section3 (Essay).

Module A:
- Transformations; Emma and Clueless
- Transformations; Hamlet and R&G
- In the wild; Bladerunner/BNW

Module B: Critical Study of Texts
- Speeches
- King Lear

Module C: Representation and Text
- Powerplay- Anthony and Cleopatra
- Telling the Truth- Frontline

Extension1 English

Texts and their ways of thinking:
- Individual against Society
- Retreat from the Global

I will be putting specific dates up, next to each text. Please register interest thru my email
deep_aqua1@hotmail.com, regarding which texts you want help in, and which days you prefer.

Happy studying!

metricprefixes

HSC
Hey everyone,
With the experience of 50 students (including previous one-off classes held) and reading over 150 different student essays (albeit good or bad), I am now holding another lot of classes for the next batch of 08 students. As I am not taking any more regular students for the 08 HSC, this is the only chance to receive quality knowledge and expertise for the AOS. Most of my 07 students have increased their English marks, scoring in the top band, with a lot of 95s and 96s.

The current classes will only be for Journeys- one on Coleridge, and one on Skrzynecki. As the AOS paper is worth 40% of your mark, it is important to clearly grasp the concepts in Journeys. In these 6 hour classes, I will be going through

Section1:
- techniques and strategies with relation to Journeys (apart from the over-used and conventional similes and alliteration) with direct reference to Section1 Papers
- providing a skeleton to answer the mini-essay 6 marker Q
- providing typed out answers to the Ruse 06 paper, giving reasons why it got 15/15
- Going through 3 Papers text by text, and what markers are looking out for in each text

Section2:
- essential elements of writing a creative
- what teachers are looking for
- how to get full marks with 600 words
- Model answer creatives
- what not to do
- Different types of questions asked (incl text types) and how to answer these
- How you would mould your generic answer to specifically answer the Q

Section3:
- Structure of an essay
- 4 poems of your core text
- Going through potential additional material for your particular core text
- Model essays which received full marks in trials and why

This also includes a free mock trial + marking (on top of the 6 hours) and after-lesson marking of your journeys essay, creative or comprehension responses.

This is an opportunity to finish everything you need to know on journeys in ONE day, as opposed to the drawn-out term at school. If you haven't started journeys at school, it will be an in-depth course to get you more than prepared for when you do.

Coleridge Imaginative Journeys: Monday 28th Journey
Skrzynecki Physical Journeys: Tuesday 29th January
Coleridge Imaginative Journeys: Wednesday 30th January
Skrzynecki Physical Journeys: Thursday 31st January

These will be held in small classes of 4 in my home at Strathfield. You may also bring any previous journeys material you have written so I can see your standard.

To book for these limited places, please send an email to deep_aqua1@hotmail.com

Last edited:

kony

HSC
It is a difficult choice:

If you go to her, you will receive better marks.
If you don't go to her, you won't.

Wait, it's not really that hard a choice, is it?

In short, high recommended.

--

Hi may.

Last edited:

anirudh18

HSC
Hi what elective did u do for English Extension 1? if its RFTG - texts and ways of thinking PM me :)

tataPoo

HSC
Re: HSC Eng Prep Class-UAI 100 2/3/4 English, 2/3/4U Maths, 2U Eco, 2U Chem, 2U Phys

metricprefixes said:
Hey!
I just finished my HSC in 2006, and want to share some of the information and notes i got from school and past tutors. However, it would be greatly appreciated if you guys live in strathfield or somewhere near there

My subjects:
Advanced English (Mark-97)
Extension1 English (Mark-49)
3U Maths (Mark-97)
4U Maths (Mark-98)
Eco (Mark-96)
Chem (Mark-94)
I am happy to help with all subjects so feel free to email me any questions. (eg teaching style etc) Thanks!

Hey everyone,
With the experience of 50 students (including previous one-off classes held) and reading over 150 different student essays (albeit good or bad), I am now holding another lot of classes for the next batch of 08 students. As I am not taking any more regular students for the 08 HSC, this is the only chance to receive quality knowledge and expertise for the AOS. Most of my 07 students have increased their English marks, scoring in the top band, with a lot of 95s and 96s.

The current classes will only be for Journeys- one on Coleridge, and one on Skrzynecki. As the AOS paper is worth 40% of your mark, it is important to clearly grasp the concepts in Journeys. In these 6 hour classes, I will be going through

Section1:
- techniques and strategies with relation to Journeys (apart from the over-used and conventional similes and alliteration) with direct reference to Section1 Papers
- providing typed out answers to the Ruse 06 paper, giving reasons why it got 15/15
- Going through 3 Papers text by text, and what markers are looking out for in each text

Section2:
- what not to do

Section3:
- Structure of an essay

This also includes a free mock trial + marking (on top of the 6 hours) and after-lesson marking of your journeys essay, creative or comprehension responses.

This is an opportunity to finish everything you need to know on journeys in ONE day, as opposed to the drawn-out term at school. If you haven't started journeys at school, it will be an in-depth course to get you more than prepared for when you do.

Coleridge Imaginative Journeys: Monday 28th Journey
Skrzynecki Physical Journeys: Tuesday 29th January
Coleridge Imaginative Journeys: Wednesday 30th January
Skrzynecki Physical Journeys: Thursday 31st January

These will be held in small classes of 4 in my home at Strathfield. You may also bring any previous journeys material you have written so I can see your standard.

To book for these limited places, please send an email to deep_aqua1@hotmail.com
I'm preparing for an Eng.Adv speech on Module B, King Lear which is dued in 2 weeks & i'm currently not sure which theme to do.
...Is 'madness' a good option? =s

Suggestions please ^^,

Last edited:

metricprefixes

HSC
Hey everyone,
With the experience of 80 students (including previous one-off classes held) and reading over 200 different student essays (albeit good or bad), I am now holding another lot of pre-trial classes during the upcoming holidays. Because private schools have already started their holidays, I will be organising classes from the coming week up until the 20th of July. As I am not taking any more regular students for the 08 HSC, this is a good chance to receive quality knowledge and expertise for the AOS. Most of my 07 students have increased their English marks, scoring in the top band, with a lot of 95s and 96s.

The current classes will be for Journeys- one on Coleridge, and one on Skrzynecki, along with 3 of your core texts.

Journeys
Emma/Clueless

King Lear
Frontline

Journeys
Brave New World/ Bladerunner
King Lear
Frontline

Journeys
Emma/clueless
Speeches
Anthony and Cleopatra

Journeys
Hamlet
Frontline

This is the suggested timetable for journeys, which will be similar to the layout of the other 3 prescribed texts. All this content will be covered in a 6hr class, with a maximum of 4 people per class. You will be able to bring your past assessments; and with previous classes, i have collected these, marked and given thorough feedback, and mailed them back.

Journeys:
Section1:

Section2:
- what not to do

Section3:
- Structure of an essay

These classes wil be held in Strathfield. To book for these limited places, please send an email to deep_aqua1@hotmail.com along with your combination of core texts so i can start allocating dates.

metricprefixes

HSC
Hey everyone,
Thanks for all the interest from current Yr12 Students. Sorry for some of the students that I didn't get back to last block, this is because the classes were full already. I will be offering some more classes between the monday 29th of september and Sunday 5th of October.
These classes will be of a similar layout to the ones previously conducted. If you are interested, please reply with your module texts so I can organise respective classes, in an email to deep_aqua1@hotmail.com

Also Re: Yr11 Students that have enquired about English Tutoring next year. I will still be offering tutoring for this, and we have started exploring some concepts on Belonging in the unseen texts for section 1 of paper 1 with current students. Apart from this, we have also practised some creative writing with specific focus on Belonging for section 2. Again, students can email me if they are interested for tutoring next year.

Thanks!

metricprefixes

HSC
Thanks for all the emails and PMs. I have set dates to the classes. Some are full, but others have one or two spaces left. Email me if you are interested in joining any of them.

Area of study: Imaginative journeys,
Module A: Emma/Clueless
Module B: King Lear
Module C: Frontline
Date: (Full) Monday, 29th September
(2 more spaces) Thursday, 2nd October

Area of Study: Physical Journeys
Module A: Brave New World/ Bladerunner
Module B: King Lear
Module C: Frontline
Date: (1 more space) Friday, 3rd October

Area of Study: Physical/ Imaginative Journeys
Module A: Emma/Clueless
Module B: Speeches
Module C: Anthony and Cleopatra
Date: (2 more spaces) Wednesday, 1st October

metricprefixes

HSC
Hi,
Just updating the tutoring situation. I have some spare timeslots on the weekends and have begun tutoring for "belonging" with a handful of students, ranging from section 1 comprehension questions to focusing on essay writing for their term 4 assessments. It is important getting off to a good start for the hsc year, and the early assessments are actually worth quite a lot in the larger scheme of things (most are 15% each, whereas your trials are only 30,35%)
If anyone is interested for HSC English or tutoring in other grades, you can drop an email to deep_aqua1@hotmail.com
Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)