UAC Preferences (1 Viewer)

broncos123

HSC
N/A
Don't know if this is the right section but i have a question. what's the point of uac preferences if you can get offers into all 9 courses theoretically if you meet the cut-off? thanks

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
You can only receive an offer to one course.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
As the name explicates; if you meet the ATAR for all courses then you will be enlisted into the one of higher preference (i.e. enrolled in the first preference since ATAR has sufficed).

broncos123

HSC
N/A
So even if i get 98 let's say, and I put Mac U law first and UTS Law second, a course which requires a higher ATAR, ill get into MAC U instead?
So then what do teachers mean when they say "review your offers"?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
So even if i get 98 let's say, and I put Mac U law first and UTS Law second, a course which requires a higher ATAR, ill get into MAC U instead?
Yes.

_deloso

HSC
Do they only look at your first preference. Cos if I place 1,2,3 with an star of 92 and 4 is an atar of 85.. But I get 88 atar.. Does that mean I don't get any course offer. Cos that would also mean that it is better off putting first pref with a smaller atar so you can receive an offer. TRUE?

Selador

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
No. They work down your list of preferences in order until you get an offer.

tambam

HSC
oh okay. And Uac is the one who sends it to the uni right? And does that mean you can get multiple offers if they work through the preferences?
No, you will get the preference that is highest on your list that you qualify for with your atar.

tutorsaustblog

HSC
You only receive one offer so you should order your preferences in the order you want to get into the courses.

_deloso

HSC
So if I don't get an offer for my first pref, then they will move on to my second and so on 'til I get an offer?

tambam

HSC
So if I don't get an offer for my first pref, then they will move on to my second and so on 'til I get an offer?
Yes. They look at your first preference, if you make the atar requirement, you get an offer, if you don't make the cut-off, then they see if you make the cut-off for your second preference, and so on, untill there's a preference yoou qualify for.

But then you can apply for second round offers if you just miss out on the cut off, or you decidde you actually want to do your 2nd preference, although you got an offer to your 1st, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)